Ready

"Granger, I am appointing you to escort me downtown today," Silvanna proudly told the knight who's not in duty.

"Can't you see what I'm wearing, your highness? Does this seem like a uniform to you?" he raised his brow. "And shouldn't you be addressing me as the greatest knight, second in command, Granger!" 

"Ugh!" she groaned, rolling her eyes.

Silvanna and Granger, they were always close to each other. When they were kids, they used to build their own world, their own story as if they were of the same kind.  But the truth always resurface. He's a mortal and she believes she's a demon and half elf. It isn't just that, she also has a duty to fulfill and love can wait.

"Don't you know I had a busy day yesterday? I'm not a demon who's got super abilities!"

"But you use magical swords and potions that makes you gain abilities like us demons."

He narrowed his eyes at her, shaking his head. "True, but we run out of it fast," he tells her. "Did the queen know about you--"

"Shh!" she immediately cover Granger's mouth. "You are forbidden to say something about that!" And she let go.

"Wow!" he shrugs.

"So? What is your answer? Are you coming with me?"

"No!" 

"Granger!" She shouts, stomping her foot and pouting. 

The grumpy face she was making made Granger chuckled. He knows what she's doing. It's her secret weapon that she knows he can never resist. 

"If you ask me in a nice way then maybe."

"Please Granger, accompany me to my visit downtown, hmm?" She asked, blinking couple of times, giving him the puppy eyes.

"Are you asking me on a date?"

"What?No!" she abruptly denied.

"Okay!" 

With a lopsided grin, he walk pass her. But he just knows her too well and any moment now Silvanna's going to--

"I'm asking you on a date!"

Slowly, he turn around. 

"Alright, let's go princess!"

Although Silvanna said they were going to visit downtown, Granger knows it was way beyond the town. They were headed toward a meadow far from the Kingdom. Though it was forbidden to go that far, the bright smile she was showing when she ran made his heart jump. 

Though he tried to stop whatever he has for her, sometimes you just can't tell your heart what to do. It just isn't that easy.

"Don't you see this?" She turns, while different butterflies flew above circling her. "This is said to be the entrance towards the Kingdom of Hikari!" She inhaled the fresh air. "I would love to live in a Kingdom like this!"

"And I see no kingdom." Mockery in his voice, making her scoff. "Did we just come here to attract insects?"

"Can't you feel the angel's energy here? Just feel it, Granger!" 

Angels? Tch! He has not seen one in his entire existence and he doesn't seem to believe in them now. Whenever he hears old people talk about how they were once from Hikari, the next morning they'd change their statements. 

The Minami Empire which is an ally to Tsukiyumi once said to be the closest to Hikari. But of course all of the things about Hikari were stories. And his dear Silvanna had always great liking towards legends.

"Say, Granger, have you once thought of being a demon of any kind? Or maybe an angel?" Silvanna asked, staring at the flower she picked from earlier. 

"No. A demon had killed my father and now I'm given this title and serving a demon--I'm glad the King Alucard wasn't like the Mistress of Evil."

"Would you have been in peace if you had chosen the Minami Empire to reside?"

"I don't know."

The world they live on has demons everywhere. No matter where he could be, there will always be one hungry to kill. Though in Minami Empire, almost everyone is human. Still, his heart will always seek for her. Those words, he can just smile faintly.

Silvanna stand up, brushing the petals off her long dress and reached her hand for him. "I think we should go back and visit the townspeople. So I don't lie when mother ask me to."

It's not his style for a lady to give him a hand but to touch such would be a privilege. Once they hold hands, he wished the legendary Diggie would appear to stop the time for them. But such creature only exists in pages and thoughts.

At one of their streets, they walk with demons and mortals, looking around like they go there everyday. Then at one of the stall she noticed the red apples, making her head turn, stopping in front.

"You want some?" Granger asked when he noticed how she looks at the apples. 

No word came out Silvanna's mouth. Her eyes stayed at the apples. Something about them from the back of her memory, calling her to remember. 

When Granger snapped his fingers in front of her, she came back to her senses. Embarrassed, she shifted gaze everywhere.  "I'm sorry, what were you saying?"

He leaned closer to her, a corner of his mouth lifted. And then he flicked the princess' forehead, chuckling after. 

"What'd you do that for?" she yelled, both her hands on her forehead, her lips pouting. "You rubbish!" 

"You're not a princess today," he says, cupping her face, her eyes wide. "And I'm off today. That's what friendship is." He let go, walking ahead of her, not wanting her to see the redness of his face.

It took a while for Silvanna to realize what Granger did. Her heart was still pounding but she couldn't let him play the same games on her over and over again. Just not today!

"Crybaby!" she shouts, making him turn with a raised brow. "I love you!"

But he knows it. They both knew how they feel for each other. Just that he couldn't bring himself and neither can she until now.  His heart can't help but do some somersaults as he strides towards her.

"Are you ready?" Dyrroth asked Lunox, holding her hand tightly. 

It's dawn and it's time they go to the other world. She looks at Nana and Harith and they seemed really happy about going home. But for her, it's like going to a foreign country, not just a foreign country but a dangerous one. Super dangerous that she might die when she step on their land. 

"Don't worry, you'll be with us," Nana assures her. 

Oh yeah, these demon did promise her that they won't leave her side. She inhaled and then exhaled deeply. Teleporting to wherever, they don't describe how that feels in movies. She shake her hands one more time and breath out. 

"Okay! I'm ready to go!"