Leave

Like she said, the dark queen has returned before sunrise. Only she has an angry look on her face that tell every one not to bother her.

"Dyrroth," she growls. "How can that prince be such a nuisance? How was that Jasmine able to find those bracelet? And in our worst case, she had him protect her!"

"Perhaps it is time you play your wild card," Helcurt, one of her best lore assassin said. He has fast speed, he can blind enemies and he has definitely great powers with his claws. 

"My wild card?" she raised a brow.

"Have you not wondered why they're not half elves? Why they have the same amulet like the late Carmilla?"

Carmilla? But of course! Why has nobody ever wondered?  An evil grin appeared on the dark queen's mouth.

 "Oh my! What a perfect plan."

Lunox just opened her eyes when she noticed the ceiling isn't hers. When she was to lift her right hand, it felt heavy. Her whole face lit up when she saw Dyrroth was holding her hand, sleeping, his head on the bed while just sitting on a chair.

Slowly, she sits up, careful enough not to wake him up. She honestly thought a demon such as him would never sleep at this time but he is and he's adorable. 

Somehow, she was drawn to his hair, wanting to touch them. Well it seems like he won't wake up any moment soon so she grinned. First, she just touch the tip of a strand but when he wasn't bothered, she helped herself.

"Good morning to you too."

Right away, she withdraw her left hand, looking sideways. So stupid of her to get caught! 

"I-uhm... I just wanted to know how it--"

Her eyes widened when he pulled her into a hug, a tight one. For a moment, she was hesitating to put her arm around him but she slowly did. 

"I apologize, it took me long," he whispers, while pressing her right hand which he was still holding. "I won't leave you unguarded ever again."

"She was really scary," she mumbled. 

Dyrroth let go, sitting back on the chair. 

"I have been thinking about you. How your life is in more danger now that Alice found you and your scent."

"What do you mean?" she asked worriedly.

The look on Dyrroth's face, it tells her that something is going to change between them. Something is wrong with that look and it's making her frown.

"That woman you met last night, her name is Alice. She is the dark queen of Kurayami, a kingdom where demons who does not hesitate to kill resides. 

In our world, only a priestess can grow Jasmine. And only them can smell of Jasmine. They also carry a bud of it, sealed somewhere. Old folks says, those demon who gets to eat someone who smells of Jasmine becomes stronger."

"Is that why you're trying to kill me?" 

"Tch!" he scoffs. "I'm already powerful. I only wanted to kill you for this," he raised his hand, showing her the bracelet. 

"And it's still in your wrist. So, are you still--"

"No!" he cut her off. "I'm trying to find ways to get it off without killing you."

"The queen, Alice, is she going to come back for me?" 

"She will and unlike me, she doesn't hesitate to kill anyone getting on her way."