9- the grand tour

double update? wow. anyways, i'm bad at writing conflicts, but enjoy anyways :)

THE TOUR LASTED FOR A FEW HOURS, the trio wandering from building to building, bambam supplying useless facts as yugyeom at least tried to help explain how life at wingate worked.

they had seen the various apartments in both of the buildings that held them and bumped into a few of yugyeom and bambam's friends. (whilst remaining incredibly cautious to avoid everyone else), although, they were all much closer to bambam than the younger. there was a girl called irene that mark had quite liked, she was soft-spoken and mark thought at once that they would be good friends. he tended to gravitate towards quiet people like her. there were a few others he had liked, and he was beginning to think maybe he could have a life at wingate.

they had also made a quick stop at the wash room, mark finding out that using the machines was incredibly expensive, as was buying food from the canteen. although yugyeom quickly informed him that most people stole from the canteen and that no-one was ever there to tell them to stop.

however, life wasn't all perfect, as was to be expected.

from what mark heard, everyone who lived in the small estate had become a social outcast, or at least that's what yugyeom had told him.

bambam had even been useful, telling mark about how he had gone through fierce interviews for a job as a reporter before being stumped out at the last hurdle after the employer finally bothered to look at his address. since, he had never gotten a job and tried desperately to earn a living by busking on the streets. apparently it wasn't going very well.

still, aside from that depressing discussion in which mark realised life outside wingate would end up being just as hard as life within its gates, the tour had been fun. he had actually quite enjoyed getting to know bambam and yugyeom and it seemed like the pair felt the same.

however, the friendly air died quickly when they reached the gym.

it had started off innocently enough, bambam gesturing wildy at the room and yugyeom chuckling silently behind mark.

but then, a figure had approached them from behind a treadmill and at once a dark glare fell onto bambam's face.

the figure, a man who looked to be in his early twenties with slicked back hair and an eyebrow piercing, walked right up to bambam, muttering lowly, "what are you doing here? filthy scum,"

bambam shot daggers back at him, "fuck off jaebeom, i'm not here for your shit today,"

the man (jaebeom?) laughed, the faint chuckles fading behind his gritted teeth, "don't tell me to fuck off, bambam, unless you want a bloody nose and a knife in your stomach,"

"why are you even threatening me?" bambam asked angrily, "we agreed the gym was a safe place,"

jaebeom shrugged, drawing closer to bambam, so the boy could see the knife poking out from his pocket, "i'm in a bad mood. and i want to beat up one of jinyoungie's little henchpeople shit heads,"

"oh fuck off," bambam seethed, "you've got no fucking right im jaebeom,"

"don't care. now... should it be little baby bambam... or his tattle-tale?" he turned his gaze to yugyeom, who suddenly looked incredibly fearful, eyes darting around like he wanted to look at everything besides jaebeom.

"you been spreading any more shit lately kim?" jaebeom smirked, "oh wait... my bad- you can't,"

a small group of people had gathered around the fight and mark slowly melted into the crowd, trying his hardest to blend in and look as unnoticeable as possible.