32- broke my heart

two things...

1) THANK U FOR 3K READS AHHH U GUYS ARE LITERALLY THE BEST

2) a lot of y'all didn't get notifications for the last chapter, so if you haven't read the one that details mark working at the estate agents you may wanna check that out before this one :)

before long, mark found himself sprinting away from wingate, and the dark alleyways and the boy who had ruined his life. his heart stung, a sort of gentle throb that he was used to feeling suddenly amplified ten fold as he remembered the pain and the sadness that youngjae had caused him.

his eyes swam with images of youngjae and him lying in bed together, youngjae planting harsh, desperate kisses down his neck. mark remembered how his breath had been sucked from him as he watched, watched how passionate his boyfriend was at cheating on him. every single ounce of pain from that day cascaded back onto him as his feet pounded the pavement beneath him.

he had no idea where he was going, all he knew was that he couldn't see youngjae's face ever again. the only thought running wild in his head was, "what if i fall in love with him again?"

it was a real possibility. mark had been infatuated with youngjae and everything about the younger, he had adored him. there was no-one who could bring a smile to mark tuan's face better than choi youngjae, and the boys had been infinitely close. youngjae had been there through everything, from his mother's death to joey's climax into illness, youngjae had been mark's backbone for it all.

without him, mark would've snapped a lot sooner.

so it didn't seem right to rule out the possibility that mark would fall head over heels for youngjae all over again. even if park was around, and even if mark was starting to realise he had a massive crush on his leader, it wouldn't stop the feelings for youngjae resurfacing. mark had never had feelings so strong.

eventually, he found himself back at the estate agents, his feet having led him there on autopilot. met by a smiling wheein, he crumbled.

his body sagged to the ground as he sucked in deep, shuddering breaths. he felt his whole world, his whole life in korea disintegrate around him. this was his life without joey and his father and most importantly, without the boy who broke his heart. but now that youngjae was here, he suddenly grew cold.

wheein rushed to him, pulling him up from the floor and shoving him into a chair. she stroked his forehead gently as he whimpered into his palms, tears making them wet.

he couldn't believe it.
he had worked so hard to forget.

the tears wouldn't stop, it felt like they would spill from his eyes for the rest of time. wheein gently wiped them away as they soared down his blotchy cheeks.

"what happened? did he recognise you?" she eventually asked, after mark's sobs grew to be less debilitating.

he shook his head sadly, "i...i just.. l-left him there..."

"mark." wheein said, her voice soft, any trace of the fakeness mark had once knew wiped away, "what happened?"

"i.. i don't want hi- he can't be... here..."

"why?" she continued to probe, "what's so bad about someone you care about being here?"

mark dropped his eyes to the floor, "this was my chance at a new life... h-he... he ch-cheated on me and i just.. i just wanted to forget."

she nodded and didn't say much for a while, really just unsure of what to say. she knew mark had come from america, and that he had left with very little and that his family was broken. but after a while, she spoke up again, "well he's here now isn't he?"