41- the plan

LADS

we hit 5k :'))) omfgggggg i am SCREAMING

thanks for reading my trash ladies and gents, it means the world to me and 5K WTF WTF THIS IS UNREAL

ly all 💓

now on with the chapter...

"minhee?? are you fucking kidding me?"

what kind of sick joke was it that the person youngjae had called to help mark escape his father was the very person who had ruined their relationship?

youngjae sighed, knowing throughout the duration of his call to minhee that mark would bring it up the minute he was done, "look, neither of us are fond of him.. but.. he told me he felt bad about what happened- and i thought this was a good way for him to make it up to you."

"i'll never forgive him youngjae."

and it was true, what with mark's stubborn nature and the fact that minhee had ruined one of the only good things in his life- mark wasn't exactly in the forgiving mood.

whenever mark thought of that boy, he pictured his messy blonde hair, the way youngjae's fingers were tangled in it.... he remembered the pain of his heartbreak. and it had been a physical pain, like a knife had been torn through his chest. mark had watched his boyfriend and minhee pulse against each other and had tumbled to the floor in pain. there had never been a pain worse than that, never in his entire life.

he still thought about it sometimes, and minhee had been the one to cause it, those sleepless nights where all he could do was replay the memory over and over in his head. there wasn't a chance in hell he'd ever be forgiven.

"i know, but it might give him some peace of mind." the nauseating sound of youngjae's superiority was evident, mark could tell how prideful he felt about being the bigger person, about giving minhee another chance, and it infuriated him.

of course youngjae couldn't get a random friend to help, one he hadn't fucked.

of course youngjae had to try and fix things. because youngjae had always been a meddler- telling mark what to do about his family, telling him not to go to korea, telling him his brother was dead... youngjae couldn't help but get involved in things that didn't concern him.

mark didn't want minhee to find "peace of mind", he wanted him to feel guilty, because he had messed up; he had messed up mark's life and he deserved to have that playing on his mind forever, just as it played on mark's.

"i don't car- y'know what.. whatever, let's just get this over with." a fight wasn't worth it, so mark stopped himself before he could go on a rant about minhee. it would only delay things, and anyway, minhee knew the plan now, after the call with youngjae

the plan, which then, had seemed foolproof.

first, minhee would buy mark a plane ticket back to korea (which youngjae would pay him back for later, once mark was long gone.)

"i've bought the ticket- £1,500 for a one way to trip to seoul. it departs in 2 days, at 5am. youngjae you're still down for paying me back?" minhee asked, voice crackling over the phone line.

youngjae replied with a quiet, "yes... somehow."

next, mark would pack away all his things, and prepare for the flight- without his father realising.

he had only travelled light, so packing his bags didn't take long. though he faultered slightly after emptying the drawer by his bed, and pulling out the list he had written up- the one he had given to jinyoung before he left.