39- endless arguing

a week passed, so slowly.

a week of mark in america, his father had his passport- had taken it from him the minute they had stopped arguing- and mark was beginning to lose hope. he was sure he would never see jinyoung again, and that was enough to leave him wallowing in his childhood bedroom.

youngjae would come in periodically, with a glass of water or a biscuit, and ask if mark was ready to talk.

everytime, mark would say, "why would i want to talk to you? leave me alone." or something similar. sometimes, he would simply glare at youngjae until he left. but either way, or whatever his mood was, mark would never, never, talk to youngjae.

not when just looking at him brought so much anger to bubble inside him, sometimes it was unbearable- the sheer amount of hatred he felt towards youngjae. and to think he had ever been in love with such a snake. youngjae was scum to him, a lying, cheating dickhead.

mark could barely stomach just seeing him, without thoughts of fighting and... sometimes something worse, floating to the fore front of his vision. he didn't think himself a violent person. but when youngjae was stood in front of him, something feral emerged from within him.

and, he thought it rightly so.

youngjae had told him his brother had died, just to tear him away from his life in korea, which only got better as the days passed. sure, there was always that tiny possiblity of death, and he hated his job, but he was happier there than he had ever been.

youngjae had taken that from him. so he wasn't exactly in the forgiving mood, and was sure he never would be.

this only angered his seething father further. the man had been irate when mark first arrived, beginning screaming matches whenever possible- blaming him for joey's decline in health, when it was obvious the illness was getting worse by itself and telling mark he had ruined their "happy family".

it was never a happy family, not without their mother.

but his father wanted someone to blame, and mark had ditched them, and so it felt like mark was the villain.

mark would wake up to an argument, spend the whole day fighting with his father and then go to sleep to the sounds of his shouts.

on the seventh day, youngjae had entered the house with joey, as he did most days. joey stayed with him, an executive decision his father had made, on the grounds that he didn't want joey taking his brother's side.

they opened the front door and were greeted, as they always were, with loud, angry shouts.

"YOU CAN'T KEEP ME HERE!"

this from mark, who was sat on the family sofa, scabby brown leather, facing his father who was pacing in front of the ancient television.

"i can and i will." the man didn't need to raise his voice to sound angry, the malice showing in his commanding tone.

mark groaned angrily, throwing his head into his hands.

"why the fuck are you doing this? i don't understand."

"your life is here- not in korea."

the look on mark's face was enough for youngjae to anxiously tell joey to wait in the garden. mark had only looked that furious once, when he saw youngjae with minhee, in bed, naked...

"that's where you're wrong." mark spoke, and youngjae was surprised at the calmness of his low voice. still, he stood in the hallway, deciding not to make his presence known, "i had a life there. i had escaped this fucking hellhole, i was free from you and your stupid alcohol ... i had friends, and a job, and a boyfriend. so tell me again. WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING THIS?"