24- signing in

the night had continued, normally. bambam and park had gone home, and with all their deepest darkest secrets out in the open- the trio began to grow closer.

mark found himself hanging out with bambam in an alley by the bins several times in the week that followed. nothing much would occur, and mostly they would just speak of yugyeom and park and how fucked everything had gotten. but it was nice, to feel like he had a real friend at last, because it seemed that bambam really cared for him. perhaps in a way that even youngjae hadn't.

of course, he grew closer to park too, who constantly asked mark about his past and the ins and outs of every second he had spent locked away in coldness. and as park continued asking and mark continued replying, mark could feel the butterflies taking home in his stomach. he swore he could sense the feeling of a weird, unsatisfying crush descending on him.

slipping into a state of loving park was almost too easy, mark thought. in the space of a week, he went from despising the guy completely and entirely for kissing him, to wishing it would happen again. his breath would catch in his chest when park looked him in the eyes, with that gentle softness that mark had never seen before. it seemed as though as the week progressed, park really began to disappear, replaced by what seemed to be jinyoung.

park was laughing, despite the tenseness between him and the rest of the reds for sending yugyeom to prison. he was smiling at mark, sharing jokes, even getting along with bambam better, and jackson too when he came from the hospital.

jackson had arrived 3 days after the conversation in mark's apartment, sporting a huge bandage that covered the entirety of his head. he looked woozy, and injured, and with a shaking voice he had asked them all to help him pay his hospital bills.

which they had all done, and mark, much to his dismay, found himself completely broke. 0 won. he really had nothing.

but it didn't matter. park had promised that after they got yugyeom out of prison, he would help mark find a job, and they would all move out of wingate together. him and mark and bambam and jackson and yugyeom. they would find somewhere better to start their lives.

so the week passed.
a week of worrying about yugyeom, of falling further and further in love with park, of becoming closer to everyone at wingate.

of finally finding his feet.

and then they had to go to the police station, it was time to make their statements, and time to save yugyeom.

---

mark was nervous, to say the least. he could feel his heart beating out of control, and his skin crawl as he stared up the long driveway of the police station. beside him stood park, and jackson, both looking uncertain, both obviously sharing the same nerves mark was feeling.

park was hiding it well, glaring up at the station with the kind of power he always seemed to have about him, and for what felt like the hundredth time that week, mark marvelled at how gorgeous he was.

he shook himself, he couldn't believe he was actually attracted to park, the man who had ratted yugyeom out to the police.

park's hard, stern eyes were enough to make mark's breath catch in his throat, and jackson looked at him with raised eyebrows. jackson still hadn't quite warmed up to him yet, always surveying him with a air of disapproval.

but still, all three of them were united, with one common goal: save yugyeom.

bambam had said he was coming, but he was nowhere in sight, mark partly decided that this was because he was too scared to face yugyeom now that he knew just how upset the boy was about losing his tongue. he imagined bambam probably felt even more guilty.