27- i don't know

mark's breath stopped.
everyone in the jury froze.
and park stared down at his feet.

then before mark could so much as take a moment to question what he was doing and the repercussions he would have to suffer through, he was walking up to the stand.

large, angry strides.

every eye in the room followed his movements in shocked silence. even the judge froze, not stopping mark from storming right up to park, gripping him a little too harshly by the wrist and pulling him from the room.

they walked past everyone, park stumbling on his feet, his eyes glazing over in anger.

jackson stood up to follow them.

"don't." mark growled, and jackson sat back down, bambam leaning over to whisper in his ear. both looked equally as worried.

as they walked past jaebeom and his insufferable smirk, mark had to put his whole being into not punching him, and park averted his eyes.

they both looked as angry as each other as mark pulled open the two heavy oak doors and they staggered into the empty corridor.

mark wasted no time, "what the fuck park?!"

"i should be asking the same question! that lie? that whole statement? really mark?"

despite his obvious anger, park looked pitiful, and yes, mark took pity on him. he was whipped for his biggest enemy, what a sad, sorry life. this pity, however, didn't quell his anger.

"YOU TOLD ME TO LIE!"

"I DIDN'T TELL YOU TO TELL THE WHOLE COURT THAT JAEBEOM WAS A PYSCHOPATH."

"HE IS JINYOUNG! HE'S INSANE." he was so worked up that he didn't even notice himself call park by his first name. it caused park to faulter for a brief second, eyes locked onto mark's.

park shook himself. why did his heart feel so happy when mark called him jinyoung? and why did mark like it?

still, neither showed these confused emotions, and the argument continued.

"I KNOW," park screamed back, before his hands started to shake, "...i know..."

"AND I JUST DON'T UND- oh," mark paused, heart pounding, ".. you know."

park nodded, and even if he was staring down at the floor, mark knew just how painful his expression would be, he could practically picture the downcast clouds that would be forming in his eyes.

mark didn't know how to feel. in some respect, he was glad that park wasn't defending jaebeom. but, it was moreso worrying that he knew jaebeom was a psycho but was still in love with him.

"i... i just want- i don't want to love him anymore mark and i-"

"-- so don't."

park ran a hand through his hair and looked back up at mark, allowing the older to see the pain splashed across his features. when they made eye contact, mark felt his heart leap, but kept up his glare.

"it's not that easy." park choked out, "i.. i wanna hate him so bad, so bad mark... but then i see him and i just- i remember him. i remember loving him, and him loving me and how perfect everything was ... i guess i just forget everything else when i see him.. but i don't want to mark- i want to hate him, like you and jackson and everyone else and i dunno.. maybe.. i want to kiss yo-"

"don't." mark's eyes hardened, "don't use me like that again, i'm not just a way to forget jaebeom."

"i don't.. i-i.. when i'm around you i don't care about jaebeom.."