22- sick bug

climax soon ;) and then the endddd... maybe around chapter 30? idk, just guessing haha

park stayed in mark's house for a long while. too long, if you asked mark. apparently, convincing him to betray jaebeom was a lot harder than mark had initially suspected.

he went on and on about how bad he would feel, throwing jaebeom under the bus. mark could only listen in growing exasperation as his hopes of getting yugyeom out of prison sunk until he was sure it would never happen. it was an odd feeling of sadness, something he had never experienced before, not even when he left joey. he felt almost useless, like there was nothing he could do to help his new friend.

but then, after at least a few hours of debate, park finally said, "he doesn't deserve prison. mark, i really will help you," and the conversation ended.

somehow, mark had a hard time believing him, he had seen his loyalty to jaebeom only hours prior. how could he trust that what park was saying was the whole truth? but it was past midnight, and he was just ready for park to leave as quickly as possible. he was ready to be alone, and to deal with the events of the night by himself.

so the last thing he wanted was to hear yet another knock at his door. even though the person had knocked lightly and shyly, it sounded loud through the silent room, making mark jump slightly. of course someone else was coming to disturb him, just as park was about to leave- it made sense, what with all his bad luck recently.

"again?!" he murmured to himself, illicting a loud burst of laughter from park. he sent park a glare as he stomped over to the door for what felt like the thousandth time that night, even if it was only the second. he pulled the door open, already wishing the person behind it to be gone. he didn't want to deal with any more people's problems that night- he had had enough.

but there stood bambam.
small.
shaking.
scared.

the boy collapsed into mark's arms, and mark stumbled backwards, immediately noticing the bandage wrapped around bambam's leg. it was drenched in blood. but as mark inspected it closer, it looked as though bambam had gone to the hospital, the bandages were too neat and tight to have been done by solar, the red's medic. she was the only one medically trained, but she wasn't that good. mark was glad that bambam had got some professional help, the cut had looked horrible, life threatening even.

even if he was relieved at bambam's physical state, it wasn't that that was worrying. more so, it was the way bambam had collapsed, light as a feather, into him. the boy looked helpless, like maybe his grief at potentially losing yugyeom had manifested itself somewhat into his physical strength. he was shaking so much, and mark was sure he would barely be able to support his own weight- he wondered how he had been allowed out of the hospital at all.

with new found adrenaline coarsing through him, mark's eyes flitted to park who remained seated, bambam wouldn't stop shivering and mark was getting scared. but park did nothing, just shrugged and averted his gaze. there was no reason for mark to be surprised, ever since he had arrived at wingate, park had been avoiding all his problems- most specifically his infatuation and loyalty to jaebeom.

however, the minute bambam started to cry into mark's shoulder, the previously uninterested park lept up from where he had been sat and peeled the two apart. the emotion held deep within his eyes was unreadable, even mark couldn't tell how he was feeling as bambam turned to look at him. bambam, however, made it very obvious. the tears dissappated from his eyes, to be replaced by a hard sort of anger that mark had never seen in bambam before. the boy visibly tensed as he glared park down.

"how dare you." was all he said, the words coming from deep within his throat, threatening.

park pushed his shoulders back, determined to keep what little dignity he had as he grovelled at bambam's feet (metaphorically of course), "bam... i really am sorry... mark and i have talked it out and i really think tha-"