30- please

(suffering from severe writer's block but i wanted to write a chapter.. so please bare with the awful writing! ty!)

hey kids this is very important okay????

you have to answer!

please can y'all just drop your fave western songs ....

HERE

um if you like only k-pop, kpop songs are fine too...

okay thanks, on with the chapter!

mark never thought he'd be walking into that tiny, grotty estate agents ever again, or he had at least hoped he would never have to.

but there it was, squat against the skyscrapers behind it, walls soaked in a thick green mould with such a strong smell of chlorine that mark had to hold his nose.

he pushed open the door and there she was, just as she had been when he had first arrived in wingate, the woman with the fake smile. she was wearing the same white clad business suit and mark found his head spinning from déjà vu. it all seemed so horribly familiar. so much so, that he wanted to walk out.

the woman's face flickered in recognition, as mark had suspected. he couldn't imagine they had a lot of customers, and he was beginning to wonder if they only sold apartments at wingate and nothing else.

"mr tuan." she said curtly, her smile growing faker, "how may i help you?"

he didn't know what to say, or what to do at all. in america, he had never even thought about getting a job. he had been young and selfish, claiming that it was his father's job to work and that he should be allowed to enjoy his childhood.

oh how he wished he had just helped out.

so, without much clue on what to say, he stuttered, "i-i.. was wondering if... if maybe you were hiring?"

her smile, once again, widened and mark felt the urge to look away, "as luck would have it mr tuan, we just let one of our employees go, and it seems there may be a spot available."

"a-and.. you don't mind that i-i'm from winga-"

"not at all sir." mark decided he would look away afterall, the smile was blinding and it left him with an unsettled feeling in his chest.

especially because he was so skeptical of her. mark was told that finding jobs was impossible, yet here he was getting one on the first try. it didn't feel right, like the woman was doing something to manipulate him or trick him somehow.

but when he read over the contract she handed over and ultimately signed his name, he saw nothing wrong. it all looked normal, or as normal as he thought employment contracts were. the hours were decent and sure, the pay was pretty shit, but it would get them something. at that point, they just needed anything.

so he accepted the job, taking on the role of showing new tenants the way to their apartments, though he was told that for most of the time he'd be loitering around doing nothing. apparently they didn't get much business, not much of a surprise to mark.

which, in all honesty, he didn't mind too much.

the woman, who he now knew to be called wheein, seemed to loosen up over the course of the discussion. her smile seemed to relax and she became a lot more friendly. in fact, she was starting to feel like a real person not some weird, smiley robot.

and so with that, and the convenience that the office was right outside wingate, mark left feeling more than proud of himself.

yet, the only thing he could think was, "park will be so pleased,"