46- finale

mark didn't like it.

he didn't like it when he came home from work and showed bambam the money.

he didn't like it when bambam's eyes lit up for the first time in weeks, as he said, "so we're leaving?? we're really leaving!!"

and he especially didn't like it when he told bambam that he'd be taking the money, and moving alone. bambam's face had fallen so flat, so lifeless. at first, the guilt had ripped mark apart, when he watched bambam in front of him, falling apart, the guilt flashed through him deep and raw.

but then he thought.
and he thought hard, stayed up all night just thinking. and the next day when he woke up with dark circles under his eyes, he knew he was making the right decision.

wheein wanted him to use the money to move on with his life, to forget about the heartbreak, and the betrayal. well, forget about his time at wingate all together. so how was he meant to do that if bambam and yugyeom were right there next to him? how could he forget and move on if he had a constant reminder sleeping in a room opposite his?

he couldn't. and as much as he loved bambam and yugyeom (after all, they were the only people in his life who hadn't betrayed him), it felt wrong to use wheein's money and then not do as she had asked. besides, the money wouldn't stretch for two people.

after his night of deliberation, he had bumped into yugyeom in the hallways as he was headed to the washing machines. yugyeom's eyes flickered with a kind of pain mark had only seen once before: when jackson said goodbye. and in that moment, he did hate his decision. he hated it even more when yugyeom's weak hands began to move.

you're leaving us alone.

mark didn't know what to say. he just stood there, in the middle of the corridor, staring at yugyeom.

are you really going? seriously?

still, mark couldn't bring himself to say the words, to confirm what he was doing. he felt like the worst person in the world.

mark? please.

mark pinched the bridge of his nose to stem the tears that he could feel gathering in his eyes as he finally spoke, "i- yeah. i'm really leaving."

yugyeom shook his head sadly.

so you're just like jackson.

"no!" mark said, fresh emotions of jackson's absence resurfacing within him, making his conflicting emotions all the more hard to control, "i have no choice. i really don't."

you can choose to stay with us.

"i have to leave here, i'm dying gyeom, i can't take it."

that's exactly what jackson said. go. i don't care. i guess bambam was the only true friend i ever had this whole time.

"gyeom..." those words had hurt the most. he wanted to tell yugyeom exactly how much he meant, how important his existence was to mark. but he couldn't put it into words. and anyway, yugyeom was already walking away. it looked like he was headed towards bambam's room.

mark ditched his box of laundry and ran after him, "gyeom!! it's not like that please .."

of course yugyeom didn't listen. mark wouldn't have listened if he was him. he was being so unreasonable, he was being a horrible person. yugyeom had every right to be angry.

so they both kept walking, mark calling out every so often, and yugyeom upping his pace every time he did until they were both running.

they reached bambam's room. the door was thrown up. yugyeom sprinted in and mark followed.