18- glock

the sun glinted as it began it's fall back down the sky, it's signal that the day was starting to end only spurring jinyoung to run faster, so much so that yugyeom could barely keep up. he coughed and spluttered behind jinyoung, illiciting groans here and there- one of the few noises he could make without a tongue.

but jinyoung didn't have time to stop and let yugyeom catch his breath. time was running out. that and jaebeom was a pyscho- with each passing second, terrible things could be happening to jackson and bambam.

though he had not forgotten that the whole situation was most likey a trap to catch him out when he least expected it, jinyoung couldn't spare even a single thought to his own safety.

he had bambam to worry about- the boy had only been at wingate for half a year, he was young and brighteyed. he didn't deserve the pain that jaebeom could cause.
he had jackson to worry about- his oldest friend. and sure, jackson could probably handle himself but jinyoung would hate himself if jaebeom so much as laid a finger on him.
and he had yugyeom to worry about- the boy had already gone through too much, it wasn't fair for anything else to happen to him.

so he just ran, or sped walked when the crowds of people got too thick for him to run, until he found the address of the warehouse. he just prayed that nayeon's intel was right and that jackson and bambam really were there. yugyeom caught up, bending almost in half in an attempt to catch his breath. his face, adorned with rosy cheeks from running, was also blotchy and wet.

"you've been crying haven't you?" jinyoung asked, barely able to avoid rolling his eyes, "about bambam,"

yugyeom nodded slowly as his hands flinched by his side. jinyoung was sure he had something to say, and wanted to say it. but the older couldn't understand sign language, so yugyeom's arms remained glued to his sides.

"we go in through the back door- okay?" jinyoung said, "we sneak in, crouched low and survey. if jackson and bambam are in danger in any way- we attack. if not, we stay in the shadows and listen,"

yugyeom didn't react at all.

"do you hear me kim? this is serious,"

i'm scared  he signed, though jinyoung had no hope of understanding. so jinyoung just took it to mean yes, and started making careful steps over to the red back door of the warehouse. the wet grass tickled his exposed ankles as he slowly approached the door. he really hoped it wasn't creaky, but judging by the state of the warehouse, it probably was.

his confidence wavered but he still put his hand on the handle and started to push. yugyeom watched nervously, not even breathing anymore. he was too scared to make even the tiniest noise.

the minute the door was opened, even if it was just by a crack, the two boys heard voices. they were voices that they knew very well and jinyoung froze.

"please.... pl-please don't,"

bambam.

yugyeom looked like he wanted to be sick, suddenly gesturing for jinyoung to hurry up and open the door. his wild eyes flicked around anxiously as jinyoung edged the door open further. bambam's gentle sobs filled their ears but they couldn't see anything. the inside of the warehouse was dark and murky.

"j-jaebeom..." bambam paused to breath in raggedly, "don't...i-it hurts.. please,"

jaebeom laughed and that was enough for yugyeom.
he pushed the door open, flinching slightly as it clanged loudly against the wall behind it. in the low light, jinyoung was just about able to see jaebeom's head whip to them, where light was now pouring in. his hand unwrapped from the knife lodged in bambam's leg, the wound sending waves of blood cascading onto the floor.

bambam was convulsing with an unconscious jackson flopped over a chair beside him. perhaps jackson wasn't unconscious, jinyoung was sure he could see him shifting, like he was trying to escape the ropes tying his wrists together. after seeing his friends in such a bad state, jaebeom was almost a forgotten thought.

but jinyoung didn't have much time to trace his eyes over the scene in front of him before he was brought back to yugyeom.

yugyeom who had a glock in his hands, and was training it right at jaebeom's head. his eyes were full of so much anger and hatred that jinyoung unconsciously backed further away. his back hit the dirty warehouse wall as yugyeom's hands shook.

bambam cried out, his tear stained voice thick and groggy, "YUGYEOM DON'T,"

but yugyeom wasn't listening, he was blinded by the man chuckling in front of him. it was quite surprising, actually, that jaebeom didn't have any back up in the warehouse.

"what's up gyeomie?" jaebeom laughed, "pissed i cut your tongue out? ....or is the problem that i've been twisting my knife into your little boyfriend over here?"

he gestured to bambam who struggled against the ropes cutting into his skin, "PUT THE GUN DOWN," he shouted.

yugyeom glared at him, not needing to sign anything for bambam to understand that nothing he would say would make yugyeom take the gun off of jaebeom.

jaebeom shook his head, looking amused, "you won't shoot me yugyeom. you're too much of a coward. i still remember how you screamed, when you could, of course. how you pleaded for mercy when i cut out your tongue. you're just a wimp who doesn't belong here. snitches like you never belong at wingate."

it was jinyoung's turn to get angry now, "he watched you fucking kill a guy jaebeom! of course he was gonna fucking snitch you out to the police. you're a pyschopathic dickhead,"

"dickhead huh? says the boy who's in love with me,"

"i may still be in love with you. but i'm not an idiot." jinyoung didn't want to fight jaebeom, it was too tiring- always ending in his heart aching so badly he wanted to tear it out. so he turned his attention to yugyeom, "yugyeom put the gun down. you'll only get a prison sentence if you shoot him."

yugyeom grunted in frustration. he couldn't explain himself, there was no way he could tell jinyoung just how angry he was, how much jaebeom had taken. how much jaebeom had ruined his life.

he was just so so angry and he had nothing to lose anyway. a prison sentence would be the least of his concerns.

jaebeom had taken his tongue, and with it, his whole life. he had been waiting for years to get his revenge and it was finally time.
yugyeom was ready to kill im jaebeom.

but still, jaebeom was smirking. and still, his finger was quivering over the trigger.