0.34

3 months already passed, Jaemin and the others went back home

3 months already passed, Jaemin and the others went back home. Donghyuck stayed at the police station and tried to spend as much time as possible with NCT 127, not forgetting to FaceTime with his other friends though. The police men were focusing more on their job again.

It was like nothing changed for the most of them.

Mark was ignoring Donghyuck since they saw each other at the playground and started to act more and more colder towards NCT 127 every day.

The youngest had tried to make the other like him, he cooked, but Mark never ate from the meals he prepared. He made drawings (how childish it might sound), but they always ended up in the trash bin. He did his everything to become closer with the older, but nothing worked. Mark just pushed him away.

Donghyuck had gotten close with the others though, thanks to his (still) extroverted personality (that had only increased by living with Jaemin and Chenle).

They did things they used to do when they were younger. Like cuddling on the couch, watching movies, baking cookies, etc.

Only now they were adults and no longer children.

And the two youngest boys both didn't have their best friend next to them.

Because one couldn't remember the other.

And the other didn't want to remember one.

"Jungwoo-hyungie!", Donghyuck grinned while he got engulfed in a hug by the older boy. He just got dropped off at NCT 127 their house by Lucas, who was now standing behind him awkwardly.

"Hi Hyuckie", Jungwoo cooed and then looked at Lucas, immediately becoming just as shy as the other. Donghyuck noticed this and smirked. "Oh I see", the boy mumbled as he sneaked away from the two.

"Hey, Jungwoo wasn't it?"

"Yes, and you are...?"

"Wong Yukhei, but call me Lucas please!", the younger bowed and Jungwoo smiled.

"Okay Lucas", Jungwoo closed the front door as he started walking towards Lucas, not minding the cold breeze gracing over his arms.

The two stood there in silence, somehow it wasn't uncomfortable. They just stood in front of each other while examining each other's face.

"You're cute", Lucas suddenly blurted out. Making Jungwoo turn a crimson red, "You're really handsome", Jungwoo then muttered. Lucas grinned widely.

"I know right", he said, making Jungwoo laugh because the boy didn't really know how to respond.

"Well, I should go inside now... Bye Lucas", he softly said while waving a small goodbye. Lucas yelled a 'See you soon' and started walking away. Jungwoo smiled and was about to step inside the house again, but the closed door stopped him.

He ringed the bell multiple time, but no one opened the door. "For real?", the boy sighed as he walked towards the window, staring through it.

Only to see Mark screaming angrily and Donghyuck staring at him with wide eyes. It was just the two of them, literally no one else was there to stop their fight or whatever it was.

"Where is Taeyong hyung when you need him", Jungwo frustratedly muttered as he started knocking on the window loudly, finally gaining their attention.

"OPEN THE DOOR!", he screamed and the two others finally understood his message. Mark stomped away, probably going to his room and Donghyuck waddled towards the door.

"Are you okay?", Jungwoo immediately asked as soon as Donghyuck opened the door.

"Yes."

"Did he say something mean?", that was a stupid question and Jungwoo knew. He just didn't know what else to ask.

"No don't worry about it, he just... scared me a bit", the younger muttered. Jungwoo wanted to make the frown disappear and couldn't think about anything else what could possibly make the other happier.

"Hey Hyuckie."

"Yeah?"

"I know it has been a while, but I will still change the world for you."