0.52

Donghyuck was still seated on the bench, a few hours had passes and the conflict within him was still going on

Donghyuck was still seated on the bench, a few hours had passes and the conflict within him was still going on. His phone wouldn't stop buzzing and the more Donghyuck tried to ignore it, the more annoying it got. Eventually he heaved a sigh and snatched the phone out of his pocket.

When he opened it, his entire phone got flooded by messages. It blocked the entire lockscreen. Sighing once again, Donghyuck scrolled through them all rather hastily. Literally everyone had texted, asking him where he was. Everyone expect from Mark.

Donghyuck knew that he shouldn't be disappointed, because Mark had all the right to ignore him.

But it still hurt.

The young boy shook his head a little and stuffed his phone back again, after switching it off.

He looked at the sky and saw that it had started to get a little darker, he could've been with Mark right now. Under the blanket, cuddling closer to him and stealing kisses. They could've talked and laughed, while sitting under the stars. It could've been one of those amazing cliche scenarios everyone wished to experience at least once. But he ruined it.

Donghyuck closed his eyes and let the feeling regret flow through his body, he slumped back a little. It didn't take long for him to start drifting off to sleep, totally forgetting about his environment. His head started to fall to the side and his thoughts slowly vanished.

But a sudden cough startled him awake. He blinked a few times with his eyes and finally looked in front of him, where the cough had come from. A taller male stood there, a cap and mask hiding his face. Donghyuck had to squint his eyes to try and recognize the person.

"Oh, hi Lucas.. You surprised me", Donghyuck tried to give the older a small smile, but soon gave up when he saw the tired, angry and sad eyes of the other.

"Do you know how worried we have been?!", Lucas his usually loud voice was scarily soft this time, it made Donghyuck cower a little. "I'm sorry..", he muttered.

"You wouldn't answer our texts and In Hyeong's information about where you were was shitty!", Donghyuck had totally forgotten about he the girl on the bus. He was kind of thankful she didn't tell them much, but then again, she didn't have a lot of information to tell them about his location. Because he himself didn't even know where he would go at that time.

"I..", Donghyuck honestly didn't know how to respond, but luckily he didn't have to since Lucas continued to rant.

"Hendery had to track you down with the help of Jaehyun and when we found out you were on the other side of the city, we all panicked!", this made the younger boy look away in shame.

"I'm really sorry Yukhei..", the said male shook his head and sat down next to Donghyuck.

"You can't just run off like that Hyuck and you shouldn't fall asleep on the streets, especially not in this part of the city", the only thing Donghyuck could do was nod at the scolding.

"I'm already telling you this, but believe me you'll get a lot more scolding when we arrive at the police station. The youngsters came too, said you also ran away from them."

Donghyuck groaned a little, great. He would get scolded by Kun, Taeyong and Jaemin. Could his day get any better?

"I'm sorry for worrying you guys Lucas", he finally looked the older male in the eyes. Lucas sighed and patted Donghyuck's head "I can't stay mad at you, but never do that again, okay?", Donghyuck nodded aggressively.

"Great.. We should get in the car and head back home", they both stood up and Donghyuck followed Lucas's tall figure to the car, which luckily wasn't parked that far away.

The first half of the ride was silent, but Donghyuck finally mustered up the courage to ask Lucas a question he already knew the answer of.

"Hey Lucas.."

"Yeah?", the taller hummed while tapping his fingers on the steering wheel on the beat. He didn't take his eyes of the road, but glanced at Donghyuck once in a while.

"How's Mark doing?", Donghyuck waited for the answer as his body got tenser. The answer was obvious, but Donghyuck still needed to hear it from someone else instead of the voice of his conscience.

"Not good, you really hurt him. I had to come pick you up, because the entirety of NCT 127 is pissed", Donghyuck gulped slowly.

"So.. Everyone knows what happened?", Donghyuck bit his lip and looked out of the window, focusing his eyes on the other cars that drove by. "I''m afraid so, yes", Lucas murmured.

Donghyuck sighed deeply and buried his head in his hands. "Oh.. I really fucked up this time, didn't I?", it wasn't a question precisely directed towards Lucas, but the said one still answered.

"If I have to be honest with you.. Yes, yes you did."