Special Chapter; JAEYONG

Taeyong was in despair

Jaehyun had locked himself up in the bedroom and wouldn't let anyone in. Not even Taeyong.

"Come on Jae, what's bothering you?", Taeyong whispered while leaning against the door. Hearing Jaehyun's soft sobs broke his heart. And the fact that he didn't know what was wrong and couldn't help only pained him more.

"Jae.. please let me in", he muttered as his voice broke. Jaehyun's sudden mood switch had scared him.

The male had been okay for weeks, they were released from prison and none of them had gotten into a fight (or whatsoever) afterwards. Doyoung and Taeil had gotten engaged and everyone supported them, they even threw a party.

But during the happy atmosphere, Taeyong totally missed the sad look in Jaehyun's eyes whenever the male eyed him.

He didn't see the way Jaehyun looked at him longingly.

Or how he would sigh in defeat when Taeyong paid attention to the others and seemed to forget about him.

Taeyong whispered Jaehyun's name one final time and was about to give up when he heard shuffling on the other side of he room. Finally the door opened with a click, just a little bit, but enough for Taeyong to carefully slip into the room. He looked around with squinted eyes as he tried to find Jaehyun, who had shuffled back to his bed.

When he finally did he slowly walked up to the younger, sitting down next to him and looking into his glassy eyes that shined a bit from the little lamp on his nightstand. "What's wrong?"

Jaehyun just sighed and engulfed Taeyong in a hug. The latter tensed up in surprise but quickly melted in the hug. "I missed this", he heard Jaehyun whisper and Taeyong hummed. Yeah, he had missed this too.

Taeyong intertwined their hands and squeezed them slightly, making Jaehyun look up at him. "Tell me what's bothering you."

Jaehyun pouted as he stared into the older's eyes. "Do you like me, as in... more than friends?", he boldly asked, catching Taeyong by surprise.

"I- I.. What type of question is this Jae?", he stuttered out, hoping that the room was dark enough so that Jaehyun wouldn't see his rosy cheeks.

"Answer the question, please", Jaehyun's voice was small but at the same time stern and it made Taeyong gulp.

"I think I do."

"You think?", Jaehyun huffed slightly while letting go of their hug, but not his hands, "Can't you say yes or no?"

A deep sigh.

"Yes..", Taeyong muttered. He felt ashamed, but what he didn't know was that a big toothy and dimply grin was plastered on Jaehyun's face.

"Thank god, I was worried you didn't", Jaehyun breathed out and Taeyong frowned as he asked the younger what he meant with that.

"Well.. You never pay attention to me anymore, we also spend less time together. And when I saw how everyone else was getting together, I wondered how long it would take for us to finally be a couple", Jaehyun told Taeyong who couldn't help but smile a little.

"I guess we can officially become a couple today, if you want to at least-"

But a big hug cut him off, Taeyong laughed loudly as Jaehyun's breath tickled him.

Jaehyun's giggles soon filled the room too as they just hugged each other, sounds of happiness escaping their mouths, but nothing could compare to the bliss inside of them.

The moment they (and everyone else) had waited for.

Jaehyun was finally Taeyong's.

And Taeyong was finally Jaehyun's.

And so they held each other's hands tightly again.

But this time Jaehyun could press a kiss agains their intertwined hands and the lips of Taeyong.

Proud of how far they had come, together.