0.58

Renjun sat in silence, he had locked himself up in the storage room

Renjun sat in silence, he had locked himself up in the storage room. He knew no one would search for him, especially not at this place. And so he grabbed his phone, checking if he had network and eventually called an old friend.

The only sounds were Renjun's soft sniffles and the beeping of the phone. After a while the ringtone stopped and a voice was heard instead.

"Hey Jun! It's been a while, why are you calling?", the voice chirped brightly. Renjun just sniffled "I messed up minnie.."

The mood of the person on the other line shifted immediately. "I will call Chan hyung, wait a minute.."

Renjun heard footsteps, shouting and again footsteps, that came closer to the phone this time. "We're both here now Renjun, what happened?", the serious and slightly worried tone of Chan made Renjun sigh shakily.

"You know my crush on the two J's?"

Two soft hums.

"It's gone", it was silent for a while. Until Seungmin decided to speak up. "Is it that bad that you don't like them anymore?"

Renjun hastily shook his head, coughed and then exclaimed 'no!'.

"Then what's the problem Renjun?", Chan again.

"Well.. I met this boy, his name is Yang Yang and I really like him. And when he said he loved me, I rejected him and just-", Renjun groaned loudly, banging his head against the wall at the same time as he recalled the stupid thing he did, "I messed up! Why do I always mess this up?!"

"Calm down, do you know why you rejected him?"

"I was scared, so, so scared", Renjun shivered. The incredible fear that suddenly came and took over him like a hurricane in his head, out of nowhere, had surprised Renjun. He didn't know why he got it and what it meant, but it made him reject the person he loved, for god's sake.

"Scared of what?", Chan muttered. He was concerned for the younger. Chan had known Renjun for a long time, because he used to baby sit one of Renjun's friends. Out of them all, he somehow stayed the closest with the Chinese boy and the latter had gotten to know Seungmin too, as the boy had been around a few times whenever Renjun visited Chan. The two were practically his sources of comfort. Whenever he had something to get off his chest. He could always call and tell them everything.

"Ending up being hurt or even worse, hurting Yang Yang- shit!", Renjun exclaimed as soon as he had finished that sentence. How could he be this dumb? He didn't want to hurt Yang Yang, but at the same time he had rejected the younger harshly even though it was a big fat lie.

"Oh, what did I do, what did I do?! He's so amazing and kind and he takes care of me even though I'm older. Then his smile, oh my god, his smile! It's so ethereal and when he laughs I can practically feel my heart melt and just when I look at him, I want to hug him and never let go and when his hand touches mine or just slightly brushes against mine I'm so close to losing my shit. And how his hair bounces up and down, just like his entire body practically, whenever he's excited about something. Or when he is worried about my well being and gets all strict, but sweet at the same time-"

The non-stopping rambling from Renjun was cut off when Chan decided to talk again.

"You know Junnie, sometimes love is really worth the pain. And so far I heard in your rant about the boy, I think, he too, is definitely worth all the fucking pain- ow!"

"Don't curse or I'll hit you again", Seungmin hissed and Renjun heard Chan chuckle softly. "See? Pain, because I love him." A loud 'eeeeeewwww' was heard from Seungmin. The younger boy giggled at his two friends.

"But for real now, this Yang Yang boy.. He sounds like he's worth all the struggles that love comes with. And if he sees you, just like the way you see him, you'll get through those struggles together and alive, don't worry", Renjun could practically hear Seungmin think about two people in particular.

"Okay, thank you so much hyung and minnie, I really don't know what I would've done without you guys.. I have to go now!"

When he was about to hang up, Chan stopped him.

"Oh, and Renjun? Tell the boy you love him."