0.48

Jaehyun got startled awake by loud sounds of people screaming

The male immediately sat up, fearing the worst. Like some sort of raid in the police station or the cops finally turning against them. Basically something that could make him lose his loved ones.

He started to panic as he was too scared too move but wanted to look around him at the same time. Jaehyun just sat there on the bed, shaking like a little child. Until a small hand rested itself on his thigh, Jaehyun turned around and made eye contact with the calm eyes of Taeyong.

"Don't worry Jae, the youngsters arrived", the said male told him soothingly.

Jaehyun sighed relieved and laughed a little at his own silliness. Was he really afraid of Donghyuck and his friends? I mean,, yes they are loud, but he almost got a legit panic attack.

Thank god Taeyong was there.

Jaehyun sighed softly and nodded, mumbling a sorry as he lay down again. Cuddling closer to Taeyong while the sounds slowly faded away and he soon was in a deep sleep again.

Taeyong just stared at the now peaceful face of Jaehyun and frowned while thinking back at the panicky state the other had been in, just a few seconds ago. "Is he developing a trauma?", Taeyong questioned softly while he played a little with the hair of the younger.

Jaehyun turned around slightly and buried his face in the pillow and Taeyong. "You've protected me and helped me through this everything, now it's time for me to return the favor", the older told Jaehyun even though he wasn't listening. Then, he too, snuggled closer towards Jaehyun and held his hand, drifting off to sleep.

In the meanwhile the loud yelling of the young boys continued, practically waking up everyone in the police station.

"What's happening?", Taeil groggily sat up while looking at Doyoung who glared at something (or rather someone) outside of their cell. "The toddlers are happening", the younger huffed as answer while finally turning towards Taeil. A small smile then appeared on Doyoung's face as he took in the sleepy state of Taeil. His messy hair and slightly closed eyes made Doyoung want to kiss him, but he didn't since they hadn't brushed their teeth yet aha.

"DOYOUNG-AHHHHHH!", the loud voice of Donghyuck startled both males out of their thoughts. Doyoung's eyes widened at the lack of honorifics. The younger turned towards Taeil with a look that said 'can you believe this kid?'.

"Use honorifics you little brat", Doyoung shot back, but smiled nonetheless. Donghyuck giggled while shooting Doyoung a flying heart, which the older returned.

"Are you.. cheating on me?!", Taeil gasped dramatically with a big grin on his face. Doyoung didn't understand that he was joking though and panicked, immediately clinging onto Taeil and repeating the word sorry.

"It's okay you big baby, I'm just kidding", Taeil giggled while booping Doyoung's nose softly.

Donghyuck happily watched the two interact, until a sudden voice spoke up from somewhere next to him. "Hyuckie~ Grab a chair and keep me company!", Mark whined while pointing at one of the few chairs that were stacked up somewhere in a corner.

Donghyuck nodded and skipped towards the chairs happily. But sadly the struggle of getting one of the chairs was real. "Are they glued together or something?!", Donghyuck exclaimed.

"I will help you", Renjun smiled while walking towards his friend. "With your noodle arms?", Donghyuck snorted but immediately shut up when he saw the glare of Renjun.

"Well these noodle arms won from you during arm wrestling, so shut up weakling", Donghyuck gasped at the fact attack, while Yang Yang (who literally appeared out of no where) cheered, screaming 'that's my boy!'.

After a while Renjun managed to get one of the chairs out of the messy pile and gave it to Donghyuck, trying not to show how much his arms hurt by now. "Come Yang Yang, I want cuddles", he then huffed while waddling towards the younger who didn't complain and went with it.

"I can't believe they aren't dating yet", Donghyuck rolled his eyes at the two.

"I can't believe we aren't dating yet..", Mark whispered which made Donghyuck turn towards him. "Sorry, did you say something?", the younger asked him confusedly. Mark just waved it off and muttered a 'nevermind' while faking a smile.

"Anyways, how have you been?"

"Fine.. I missed you a lot though", those words made Donghyuck's heart flutter. But of course he didn't show it and remained silent, almost cold. "Oh shut up weirdo", he then laughed a little while slapping Mark (not harshly, thanks to the bars). But despite of the reaction he got, Mark still noticed the slight blush on Donghyuck's face. He shrugged it of, blaming the 'lighting'.

After that both boys continued talking about the thing they always talked about when they were together; everything that had happened when they weren't together.

"I can't believe you pulled a Taeil hyung though!", Mark told Donghyuck (yes they were talking about Donghyuck in the hospital party).

"And I can't believe you didn't pull a Doyoung hyung!", Donghyuck exclaimed as they started laughing loudly. Not paying any attention to the 'elderly' couple that sat there glaring at them (with a smile).

Everything seemed to be just fine.

Maybe a 'happily ever after' did exist after all.