💸 | ONE.

"dance wit' my dogs in the nighttime

"dance wit' my dogs in the nighttime. trap nigga, with the chicken like popeyes"

, Migos

•••

~Re'Najsha~
"loss"

I was walkin' around the neighborhood with my boy best friend Xavier, us just out to be out. It's past ten and we really had no business out here around this time, especially not in the neighborhood we were surfin', but he said he needed to drop some things off at his gangs' crib real quick, so I was hopin' it wouldn't take long.

I told him not to tag along in the streets considerin' my brother Kentrell had already made that decision barely a year into high school. But he didn't choose the streets, the streets chose him. He's strong and bold, but still. 'Ion wanna lose two more people I'm close to a life like this. Already being without parents hurts enough, and losin' my brother would be worse.

"Yo aunt Tanisha gotta work tonight?" Xavier asked me as I was puttin' my tight shoulder lengthened curls up into a high puff, "Yeah, she do; why?"

" 'Cause the boys havin' game night tonight. Finna get wasted!" Xavier replied singing out wasted in a deep and obnoxious voice. I jus' chuckle at his stupidity as we come up to the house that the gang shares, and we walk up onto the doorstep then he knocks.

Usually I wouldn't be out after about nine if my aunt has to work later than usual, but my younger sister Va'Leia went to a friend's house until Monday so Kentrell and I are free to do pretty much whatever. My aunt doesn't like Lei stayin' home by herself even though she's sixteen, but I guess it's the neighborhood she doesn't trust and not just Va'Leia.

I briefly check my phone, and seein' notifications that aren't important at the moment, I put it back into the front pocket of my plain black hoodie. I huff before throwin' my hood right below my puff and tightening the strings, and tying it under my chin, then stuffing my hands into my pockets.

"What's takin' them so damn long?" I shudder, as I watch the warmth flow from my mouth and form into the freezing cold of the oncoming night. Sometimes it wouldn't be as cold as it is right now in Southern California, but this year we're gettin' bipolar ass weather.

" 'Ion even know, man." Xavier sighs, as he had already had his phone out to call somebody to let us in. We both had heard the sound of the connected FaceTime, and a familiar voice came over the phone.

"Yo." greeted Kentrell's stupid ass voice and I stepped closer beside Xavier, slightly puttin' my face closer to the camera, "Come unlock the door for us you stupid ass fucker!"