💸 | FORTY-THREE.

"I thought I was going crazy... made me think the drugs I took in high school caught up to me."

, Re'Najsha

•••

It was going on about almost eight in the morning in Southern California, and it was no doubt that Re'Najsha was still sleeping her life away like she had been awake for multiple days straight. There had still been just a little tension between Michael and her, but she didn't suspect him to be as upset as he had been a few days ago when he saw her for the first time in months. For the past few days, she'd been giving him his space while checking on him occasionally which Michael appreciated—but it didn't stop the damage that had already been caused by the two of them.

For the first time in what felt like years, all of the Owens kids were under one roof and in the comfort of their own home.

Re'Najsha had gone to Nelopy's house for the time being, just to hang out for a few hours. The time had been going by fairly slowly, and it felt to her as if the clock could've been ticking a lot faster than was, but she wasn't complaining. As the two girls were in Nelopy's room, they were lying down on Nelopy's bed just simply doing their own things while being on their phones. It felt random when Re'Najsha started to receive multiple messages from both of her siblings.

kentrell. : bro if u don't bring yo ass home renajsha..

kentrell. : where tf u been at? nobody even knew u was back besides michael :/

-he only knew bc he's the only one who actually bothers to check up on me. but go off keisha

lei 🤍: i know we haven't interacted that much but r u ok?? if u are pls come home.

-im fine lei 🙂. i'mma be omw in a minute i'm wit nelopy rn

"I'mma see you tomorrow or somethin', Nelopy," Re'Najsha began, standing up from her place on Nelopy's bed as Nelopy looked from her phone and over at Re'Najsha as she continued, "Trell and Va'Leia want me home."

"Isn't that a good thing?" Nelopy questioned, "You don't seem too happy about seein' your siblings for the first time in months."

Sighing, Re'Najsha simply shrugged as she slipped on her pastel purple crocs that were in front of Nelopy's dresser. Grabbing her phone off of the bed, Re'Najsha replied to her. "Yeah it is a good thing, but I know Trell is gonna go into helicopter mode as soon as he sees me. He always does, and I don't wanna hear his fuckin' mouth."

Which was nothing but true. Ever since the only real guardian in their lives passed away over a year ago, Kentrell has tried to take on the role of being the older brother and keeping his sisters safe which is of course more of the parental role. Re'Najsha knew he was doing it out of love, but the way he went about it never sat right with her. It's like he had tunnel vision, and he wouldn't listen to anyone's opinions but his own.

Eventually, Re'Najsha made it home and as soon as walked into the door she was met with Va'Leia who didn't hesitate to embrace her into a tight hug in which she haven't received from her little sister in a while. Va'Leia was never home and rarely around her siblings, so Re'Najsha didn't think that Va'Leia would've reacted the way she did when she saw her.