💸 | TWENTY.

"losin' a loved one is like losing a piece of yourself... I lost myself more than once, I don't need to for a third time."

, Re'Najsha

•••

"You could've at least told me so I would've known." Re'Najsha eyed Michael, as they were now on her doorstep. Michael followed her back to the house, trying to urge her to talk to him but of course it didn't work.

"She didn't want anyone else to know." Michael stated again, trying his best to get through to Re'Najsha. He shoved his hands in his pockets while silence lingered between the two of them for a good thirty seconds.

Re'Najsha sighed once more, just wanting to go inside and to her room. "Whatever, Michael." she shrugged, and just when she was about to go inside he grabbed her hand causing her to stop and turn around.

"Don't start doin' that extra shit, Nay." Michael tilted his head to the side, piercing his eyes through hers with nothing but slight exasperation. He was trying to explain this the best he could, but it was no use... she was already offended.

"What extra shit is there to start?" she scoffed, releasing herself from Michael's touch and proceeding to go inside before she turned around now behind the door, while Michael remained on the porch, "I already said whatever, okay? You can go."

Michael wasn't too fond of Re'Najsha stubbornness, and it was only making him more irritated if not already getting flashbacks of his previous relationship with N'Bryah.

If manipulative was a word to describe N'Bryah, stubborn was just slightly on another level.

" 'Ight, fine." Michael shrugged, shoving his hands into his pockets. Without saying anything else he turned away almost immediately, and walked off of the porch.

Re'Najsha closed the door once she saw him disappear down the sidewalk, and after she locked the door she went upstairs to her room, closed the door behind her, and sat on her bed now alone with her thoughts.

She had already been alone overnight for awhile now, so she was actually starting to get used to it, sadly.

She knew the least she could've done was hear Michael out, but she couldn't bring herself to. All she thought was that this whole time Michael knew she was home by herself for majority of the time, and he knew what her aunt was out doing.

In her perspective, she didn't wanna get involved for two reasons. One, she was still kind of denying her feelings for Michael. She didn't want to like him. When they first met all they did was argue, and now somehow they always end up around each other.

Despite that they kissed more than once, she was still trying to shrug it off. That's exactly how she fell for DeAndre. He's already pretty good-looking, and besides that he's also really charming. But Lord knows how toxic that boy is.

Don't care about nobody but himself and the money he makes.

Re'Najsha knew she wasn't ready for a relationship at the moment, and Michael knows he isn't ready either.

Not only are they recovering from previous damaged relationships, but personal issues as well. Re'Najsha being a recovering addict only gets harder everyday, no matter how much she tells people it's easier now. Her parent's death, and the only person really being there for her is Xavier.