make a bag. (ending explained)

(CHAPTER 49.)

eventually, michael called mad dog to see if he'd be any help with xavier's whereabouts. mad dog (dark deception/adorn) tells michael about xavier coming to him seeking help prior to his disappearance. afterwards, michael suggests that they (sage, quinton, jailen, and himself alongside kassidy) split up to look for xavier while they wait for mad dog to get back to them with more information.

once again, renajsha is in san diego to see Valentina (her grandmother) and this time she brought Va'Leia along for the ride. Va'Leia begins to question her sister about their brother's death, due to the fact that she's always been thrown out of the loop when it came to Re'Najsha and Kentrell. all anyone ever cared about was the two of them, and when it came to her no one batter an eye. Re'Najsha listens to her sisters troubles, feeling even more guilty than she had before. when the girls arrived at Valentina's house Re'Najsha tells her about the symbol she found in Tanisha's room.

(flashback) Raakel and Tanisha are parting ways just a few days after Raakel faked ber death, and Tanisha is taking her place in the streets. While doing so, the sisters in law make a pact that if Tanisha were to lose her life that Raakel would continue for Tanisha and stop at nothing to privately find the symbol. That night, Tanisha had pre-written a note (the one Re'Najsha found). Va'Leia disregards this situation as a whole, completely livid at the fact their mother was back and she had absolutely no idea. This drives a wedge between Re'Najsha and her and that is hard to undo.

meanwhile, Michael, Kassidy, and the rest of the gang split up in search of xavier still. no surprise, they have a run in with Slain, (DeAndre's father) who has no idea that his son, who was supposed to be helping him, is now deceased. he tries to play mind games with Michael and Kassidy as if he knows where Xavier is. When Slain managed to get under Michael's skin, he's tempted to tell him that DeAndre took a bullet but is able to keep his composure all while making sure Kassidy stays calm as well, as she's probably the most stressed about the whole situation.

Slain makes it known that he's aware Raakel is still alive, and he won't stop at nothing until she's actually dead.

Later that night, Michael called Re'Najsha while she was still in San Diego. the girls were staying the night at Valentina's as she expressed to her granddaughters she wouldn't allow them back on the road to Southern LA so late. Michael and Re'Najsha fill each other in on one another's eventful days, and the conversation gets pretty emotional (typical liz story).

After his conversation with Re'Najsha, Michael receives a call from Mad Dog giving him a lead on Xavier's whereabouts. At the end of the chapter, Michael and Kassidy found Xavier and Xavier told them why he disappeared. Kassidy and Xavier have their reunion, Kassidy refusing to leave his side almost two weeks in a row.

When eventually settled, Michael finally gets one on one time with Xavier and tells him about Kassidy killing DeAndre. And immediately, they both wanna find a way to avoid Kassidy ending up behind bars or worse, another head for the $ilver's to count.

(CHAPTER 50 - final.)

(almost a month later) its Kassidy, Xavier, and Braelyn's (Xavier's son) move day to Sacramento as Kassidy had earlier mentioned to Michael in chapter 48.

To backtrack their conversation in the previous chapter, Michael and Xavier made and detailed out a plan to make sure Kassidy doesn't take the heat for DeAndre's death. Calling in one more favor from Mad Dog and his crew, once again, this crossover brings them back together. Michael makes sure Kassidy, Xavier, and Braelyn are out of the city before any of the scheming comes into fruition.

Everyone had their chance to say goodbye to the couple, Michael and Re'Najsha's hearts obviously the most heavy. For safety reasons, once the couple departed no one they associated with (the gang in particular) could no longer keep in contact with them. no phone calls. no texts. no visits. this was it. this was the end of the road for them. it was hard for Michael to admit he deeply cared for Kassidy platonically, and in just a short amount of time she'd earned the right to call him her best friend. Re'Najsha's love for Xavier didn't have to be recited. childhood best friends to now adulthood strangers.

returning to their plan, Michael had both groups help out with the whole DeAndre situation. With everyone doing the parts they were given, Michael's plan went successfully—framing Alahndra for DeAndre's death. Once word was out on the street against Alahndra with the "evidence" against her, it was no surprise that Slain took care of business. Alahndra no longer being an issue as well.

Now, with Alahndra and DeAndre both out of the picture, Michael and the boys were trying to come up with a way to now get Slain off of the streets.

Unfortunately, they weren't as slick as they thought plotting against Slain because he was plotting just as hard. Receiving an anonymous call, Re'Najsha was informed that Raakel's life was on the line and could only be exchanged for one thing... the symbol.

Of course Re'Najsha spiraled insisting she could take Slain alone, but Michael wasn't stupid enough to let Re'Najsha's impulsiveness get the best of her. The group laid low for a few days, Va'Leia being sent to stay in San Diego with Valentina permanently. once a solid plan to move was made, the remaining members of the gang and Mad Dog's gang did everything they could to prepare for any and everything.

Michael went to the location Slain sent for Re'Najsha, with everybody participating in Raakel's rescue on standby. But typically, things didn't go according to plan. Slain reveals that the symbol was originally his, and when he and Kaede (Re'Najsha's father) started climbing the streets' totem pole, Kaede stabbed him in the back and kicked Slain back down to the bottom. Which caused the sole rivalry between the Cashes and $ilvers. But Kaede and him had also made a pact, and that was that although the symbol had cash value it had a different value as well.

After all these years, Michael put two and two together. a hidden stash of cash to be obtained, cleaned, and spent was never the goal. It was meant to be destroyed.

the end of the rivalry. the more ominous Slain became, Michael quickly realized the
building he, Slain, and Raakel stood in the middle of was laced with explosives that would take out them all out. Michael managed to get the message to Mad Dog, and of course Mad Dog made his gang fall back unwilling to lose any of his members to a fight that wasn't theirs to begin with.

Of course, Re'Najsha fought herself out of Mad Dog's force not wanting to relive the trauma of losing yet another person she loved. tragedy after tragedy. Mickey and Malik tried to convince Mad Dog to try and save them, but it was Mad Dog's job as a leader to protect his own team at all costs. He knew what the outcome would be, and he didn't want the guilt of having his gang members dying at the expense of another gang on his heart. he had way too much to lose. no damn chance in hell.

Re'Najsha ended up giving Slain the symbol in order for Raakel to live, and of course she wasn't thinking rationally. it was the final piece.

Boom.

too lazy for aftermath, just know the main niggas of the story dead

- xoxo, liz 🪼