💸 | NINE.

"these scars are what made me who I am. am I still hurt? hell yea, but I ain't trippin' on nun. that bullshit happened in 200BC."

, Michael

•••

~Re'Najsha~
"heartbreak"

My eyes fluttered open as I woke up to the muffles of loud voices and music downstairs. I survived another week of second semester, and I was trying to get as much sleep in as possible. I was drained majority of the week 'cuz I couldn't get Michael's crazy theories about the gang's history out of my head.

I rolled over to my right side, and picked up my phone that was lying beside me chargin' to look at the time. It was close to noon, and then I realized why everybody was up and at it so early. Today was my mama's birthday. We recently started a tradition that on either of my parents' birthdays, my Aunt Tanisha takes a day off of work, cooks, and we gather in the living room and watch old clips from when Kentrell and I were toddlers, and my parents were in their early 20s.

Usually I'd be more than happy to join in, but today I wasn't really feeling it. Michael's words stuck to me like some cheap ass orange spray tan. I wanna do something to settle the business between the gangs, but how? We need money, and we can't use the gang's money. They hustle for a reason, and to give their share to people they don't even get along with is beyond preposterous.

I then glanced at my Macbook that was sittin' on the floor near my bag for school contemplatively. If I can dig up some stuff about this belt, than maybe I can connect some stuff to the gangs. Cashes and $ilvers are money thirsty. There has to be something I can find.

But I also know I have to be cautious about this. Raakel and Kaede's daughter, aka me, can't be found wondering the streets with such questions. That's deadass the easiest way to find my ass laid out on the sidewalk.

Finally gettin' up outta bed, I walked over to where my dresser was and grabbed my Macbook, bringing it back near my bed and sat crisscross on a few blankets that had fallen on the floor in the middle of the night.

A few hours had passed, and I was only finding out very little things one at a time. I found out my mama once got arrested for back-talkin' a police officer... I guess we now know where my attitude comes from.

But, the only reason she did talk back was apparently 'cuz my dad was rolled up on, and the police tried to reverse the situation back to him. Typical.

My mama standin' by my dad's side no matter what is the strongest type of love I've seen. Too bad I've never actually got to experience that shit.

Niggas look at me like I'm a fuckin' jewel, but I really don't see it. All they wanna do is fuck anyways, so I'll most definitely pass. I'mma save myself for somebody who can actually handle me.

Comin' across a google map of the neighborhood, I noticed that majority of the Cash's trap houses were scattered around different blocks of the area. With furrowed brows, I curiously glanced at each of them carefully while I mentally traced out a familiar shape.

"Cash's symbol is a dollar sign..."

And that's exactly what I eventually mapped out. Cash and $ilver's main route is money—obviously—so if I'm interpreting this right, somewhere between these houses there has to be an ass load of money.

All the Cash's know me 'cuz of my parents, so if I'd lurk around their territory it wouldn't be obvious that I'm lookin' for something. But the $ilvers... that's another story.