💸 | FIVE.

{a/n: ^minor characters}
☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

"niggas only bother you to try and get a reaction... they asses ain't got shit better to do."

, Michael

•••

~Re'Najsha~
"problems"

"Girl, that is mad lies." Nelopy told me as we were currently upstairs in my bedroom, just several hours after Kentrell and I had our little argument. I haven't seen or heard from him since he left afterwards—again—and my aunt doesn't get off until 7AM.

A few hours after Kentrell had left, I called Nelopy to see if she wanted to stay over since KaLeiya's wild self was out doin' whatever, so she wasn't available. And with Lei with Soraya I was hella bored.

Nelopy and me weren't planning on sleepin' anytime soon. It was almost three in the morning and so far, we listened to music, did face masks, gossiped, ordered a whole ass pizza, had ice cream—we were jus' doing everything we could think of to keep from bein' bored.

As the night progressed, I thought I was gonna get more and more sleepy but I was actually wide awake. It was news to me 'cuz usually during the school year I'm sleepy by at least eleven.

Speakin' of school, we only have a week until we go back. College is kickin' my ass but I finished first semester strong with all A's and one B. Hopefully after next semester is over, I'll be able to save my money and get a nice one bedroom apartment. It's kind of a good start.

Next year I'll be a junior, and twenty. I wanna be out of the house and somewhat on my own by twenty-one, which will also be the age I graduate college. I'm not really a kid anymore so after these college years are over it'd be time that I act like it.

"It's not, though?" I replied to her, while squinting my eyes, "I don't like him—how could I? We literally met not even a week ago."

Yes, Nelopy is still pressing me about Michael.

Yes, I already told her I don't like him.

Yes, she still refuses to listen to me.

"So? Get to know him. Ride the wave." Nelopy told me while she was lying across my bed on her back, and I was sitting up in a crisscross position beside her. The way she dragged out the last sentence made my stomach turn.

"I ain't ridin' nobody's 'wave'." I shrug with furrowed brows, "He's ...weird." I told her, jus' simply tryna to come up with an excuse as to why I wouldn't like him. And I don't, so it doesn't matter anyways.

"Weird like how?" she challenged, her eyes darting through mine with satisfaction knowing she'd got me caught up.

"Weird like—"

"That's what I thought."

"You didn't even let me continue, I-"

"I don't need to."

"Well whatchu' expect me to say?" I furrowed my brows, looking down at Nelopy who smiled smugly. She sat up on my bed before adjusting the messy bun that sat on the top of her head.