💸 | TWELVE.

~Exchange Week: Day 2~

~Michael~
"symbols"

When Re'Najsha and me pulled up to the location she was telling me about last night before N'Bryah's irrelevant ass showed up, I parked on the curb of a tiny ass off-ran building, turned the car off and looked over at her.

She was on her phone for a few seconds before she realized I was lookin' at her and just returned an annoyed look wit' just her eyes, "What?"

"You wanted to come here, so go look." I simply shrugged before turning my attention straight ahead, lookin' at nothing specifically except for the empty roads and somewhat dead trees that surrounded us.

"You gon' make me go by myself?" Re'Najsha furrowed her brows at me in dubiety. I straight-faced her before shruggin' again, and she smacked her teeth in response. She wanted to come here, and since no one else but me knows about this truce thing I gave her a ride here.

"Yes. I am." I eye her, the same blank expression remaining upon my face, "And hurry up. I have less than an hour before I have to be back wit' the gang."

"It doesn't start until seven—"

"And we have stuff to do until then." I interrupt her, and she continues to glare at me with an agitated look in her eye before she rolls her eyes at me while takin' off her seatbelt. "You still gon' be out here when I come back, right?"

"Why would I have a reason to leave, Re'Najsha?" I impatiently sigh at her stupid question, just wantin' her to get out the damn car already so I can go back home when she comes out, "You said you's was gonna get in and get out—so do that."

" 'Ion know which one of yo hoes put you inna bad mood, but it better be fixed by the time I come back." Re'Najsha scolds, pointing her long ass pastel yellow acrylic in my face, and I jerk my head back. "And if it's not?"

"I'mma beat the fuck outta you."

I sardonically chuckle as she finally unlocks her car door, " 'Ight." When she got out, she poked her head back into the car through the window that was already rolled down and glared at me with a look in her eyes that wasn't completely vexing. I remember the first time we made eye contact the night we met.

I could already tell she had a bad ass attitude jus' from lookin' at her, but it ain't real. Her attitude is just another way of keepin' her guard up all the time. Thas' really no different from myself, but I'm also naturally sarcastic so I mean it's kinda fifty-fifty from gettin' bored as hell with life over the past couple of years.

"Can you jus' be cautious while you're out here, please?" Re'Najsha spoke and I just nod in response, a faint smile that I didn't even notice until barely a second after came upon my face. "Sure, ma. 'Cuz I'm obviously not always cautious, y'know—" I started before sarcastically lowering my voice as if someone was listening, "bein' in a gang and all."

Re'najsha's face immediately dropped in unamuse before she smacked her teeth, "Fuck you."

"Pick a time and a place, ma."

She then rolled her eyes while walkin' away from the car, and looked up and down the street before crossin' the road over to the building we were at. 'Ion know what she lookin' both ways for, prolly nobody comes over on this road anyways.