💸 | THIRTY.

" 'Ion see how you can fear for your life simply because the color of my skin. we were the ones that were beaten, eaten, and dehumanized simply because this is a white man's country. if anything we should be fearin' for our lives."

, Re'Najsha

•••

~Re'Najsha~
"BLACK LIVES MATTER."

I haven't seen my gramma in years—since my parents died to be specific. We could've came to stay with her, but after having to bury her son and daughter in-law, I'm guessing she wanted to get out of the area. Shit, who wouldn't want to?

Michael had drove almost two hours to San Diego, and at first he was on the verge of dippin' once I told him my gramma, Valentina, stayed northwest.

I believe his exact words were, "I'll be nice to you for an entire day before I drive yo ass two hours to San Diego".

Even though he wasn't "nice" to me, he still ended up driving. 'Cuz earlier today Xavier had pulled out 2K wit' the gang, and they asses always get competitive as hell when they play.

Usually Michael would take part in it, but he's convinced Xavier always cheats when playin' so-

Walkin' to the doorstep of my gramma's house, I heard my heart beat through my damn ears. I don't know why I'm so nervous, she's family. But chile, even that couldn't convince me.

Lookin' over my shoulder at Michael who wasn't standing to far behind me, he gave me a simple look as a gesture to go ahead and knock. Opening the screen door, I held it open while knocking loudly. The more I think about it, the more I wanna get in and get out.

"I done drove two hours to 'dis bitch, and you said she'd be here." Michael spoke, causing me to turn around and narrow my eyes at him in very little annoyance. This is one of the many things he'll never let me live down.

And the fact that we actually had sex-

I didn't see that comin', but at the same time I kinda did.

My opinion? Stroke game: fire. Now I know why N'Bryah is obsessed with this nigga 'cuz chile–

But that didn't change my perspective on him. He's an asshole that I have a crush on. We didn't really establish "what we were" after that happened, but so far we've been actin' like nothing happened.

It's kinda weird for either of us to admit, but Michael's cocky ass won't stop talkin' about it every time it's just me and him.

This is why I hate him.

"Her car is in the driveway, and it's only two in the afternoon. Where else would she be?" I retort, knocking once more.

"Maybe she knew you were coming and went into hiding. After seeing your face, it's probably best." Michael sardonically commented, earning an eye roll and teeth smack as I turned around and eyed him with folded arms.

"If you don't get yo strong-jawed ass—"

My insult was cut short when I heard the front door open revealing my gramma Valentina, a smile instantly coming to her face once I turned my attention to her direction.