💸 | TWENTY-SEVEN.

"describe the gang in one word... childish."

, Michael

•••

~Michael~
"exposure"

As the bright lights rapidly switched between colors, the music loudly blasted throughout club Neon LA, and everyone in there got down like there was no tomorrow, Xavier and me were currently at the bar about to order our drinks. We're all a year or two underage for a club, but Sage has strong ass connects so lucky us.

Tonight had been a roller coaster for all six of us, and to be honest a drink is what I needed. I tried my best not to think about it too much, but if any of us was gonna get hella wasted, Xavier definitely would be the one.

"Gimme uh..." Zay started, before furrowing his brows in indecisivness. Scratching at the back of his neck, he expressionlessly sighed before finally figuring out what he wanted. As if he hadn't been here a million times already.

That's Xavier for you.

Inattentively loopin' one of his dark and short curls near the front of his head around on his right index finger continuously, with his elbow propped up on the black, glass counter, he nonchalantly huffed once more, "...Enfant De Neige." he finally said, which is French for Snowchild.

Yeah, he's fucked up.

After he ordered his drink, I took my hands out of the pockets of my plain black distressed jeans and rested my forearms along the counter, the coldness of the glass comin' into contact with my skin due to the fact I was wearin' a short-sleeve, plain, lime green shirt.

My mind kept flowing all over the place and I couldn't even think straight with Pour It Up by Rihanna playin' loud as hell. As if the bass didn't make it feel like we'd have an earthquake already.

But you know what, I'm not even complainin'. I ain't had a good night to let loose in the longest. Been caught up doin' my own shit with the gang, never had a chance to get out. We haven't been out like since probably early April which was way over a month ago, to be honest.

"I'll get what Zay got." I tell the bartender, and he nods in return before turning away to go get our drinks.

It was another typical day, I guess you could say. Aye, that rhymed.

Anyways, we were all chilling at the basketball court like we are every weekend of course, nothing too new really. It was Jailen, Quinton, Xavier, Sage, Kentrell, Re'Najsha, Nelopy, and me. We were jus' chillin' near Zay's car that was parked along the curb with some others. It was hot as hell even though it was just early Spring, but hey, that's California for you. Sage was sitting in the passenger's seat of his car, and Jailen was in the right backseat just chillin' with the air on.

Meanwhile Quinton and Kentrell were posted up on the trunk, talkin' about random shit. Nothing out of the ordinary happened today, and I'm appreciative. I haven't seen Alahndra in a couple days, but she was still texting me so I guess she was fine? I don't know. But is it bad that part of me doesn't care at the same time?

Dramatically fanning herself with her left hand and a water bottle in the right, Re'Najsha placed herself along the hood of Xavier's car, "Damn, and God tryna' burn us the fuck up for what?"