💸 | NINETEEN.

"I loved before and it sucked ass. word of advice? keep ya heart on lock, these bitches don't be carin' for real, nigga."

, Michael

•••

~Michael~
"the truth"

I couldn't even think straight in the moment. Everything happened so fast. Re'Najsha and me had went to the spot she was talkin' about two nights ago, and what we found was beyond shockin'. Shockin' ain't even the word for it.

It wasn't anything hella, it just kinda caught me off-guard.

The gang and me minus Jailen were currently chillin' at the park, like majority of the block did on the weekends. We ain't have nothin' else to do, so we jus' came up here.

Leanin' back on the metal wired fence, me and Kentrell were hangin' back while Quinton, Xavier, and Sage was on the basketball court playin' against a few other niggas. Wasn't too many people out here today, and thas' just how I like it.

I needed to get my thoughts off of what happened with Re'Najsha anyways, so the less people there were, the less annoyed I can remain.

"Whatchu' lookin' so mad, for?" Kentrell chuckled, as we both inattentively watched the others continue to play basketball as Xavier dunked on Quinton and started goin' mad stupid.

"Nigga, what I say? You're trash! Can't nobody fuckin' beat me!" Xavier yelled, hypin' himself up while Quinton just shook his head with a smile on his face at Zay's stupidity.

" "Lookin' mad"?" I furrow my brows averting my eyes over to Kentrell as he continued to look straight ahead. He nodded before takin' a puff of the blunt he was smoking and blowing out of the cloud of smoke.

"Yeah, you look like you finna go commit a murder or some shit." Kentrell lightly chuckled, and a faint smile appeared on my face while I chuckled as well while shakin' my head afterwards.

"Nah.." I shake my head once again, shifting my body so I could rest my elbow on the rim of the fence. I glanced back over at Xavier, Sage, and Quinton as they continued to go at it in basketball not really payin' attention to them in particular. Turning my attention back to Kentrell I expressionlessly sighed, "Jus' got a lot of my mind, thas' all."

"Like...?" Kentrell shrugged, still smokin' his blunt before takin' a brief glance at me then furrowing his brows as if he was examining me in the span of two seconds. He then averted his eyes back to the basketball court before he started to continue, "You kinda like my brother, Mike. You know you can speak up on me, right?"

'Ight, so how do I tell my "brother" that I'm lowkey, but not really dubbin' around wit' his sister when he not around?

Hashtag Incest 101.

Kentrell is already hella protective of his family, and I seriously don't blame him. It's a cold ass world out here, so when it comes to family I get where he comin' from. Or at least I think I do. My brothers always used to say that they had my back, but I knew shit was the opposite.

They treated me like absolute shit right before they kicked me outta that damn gang, and you know what—'ion fuckin' need 'em. Not only did I have a toxic ass family, but a toxic ass girlfriend as well.