Chapter 8: Support of the Family

GABRIELLE'S POV

  Mom caressed my cheek and said,"Gab, today is your day. If your father were here, what would he do?"

  I smiled at the thought but said,"He would bribe me with food, until I stopped crying. If that didn't work, then he'd walk off."

  Mom laughed and replied,"Sounds like him, but I'm not going to do either of those things. Your father was an amazing man, but these tears tell me you never really got over your father's death. And that's okay. These things stick with you, honey, but you have to know that he's okay now. You're also okay. Look at you. You're back on a stage again. I know it has not been that long since what happened, but it took strength to get on that stage in there again. Whether it was because of Justin or not, you're doing what you love, and I loved seeing you up there."

  I held Mom's arm and said,"Thank you, Mom, for being here. Thank you for not believing everything you hear about me."

  Mom nodded and once I pulled myself together, I stood to my feet and helped Mom up. On our way back to our seats, many fans reached out to me. I greeted as many of them as I possibly could, before I took my place next to Scooter.

  Scooter looked over at me and asked me,"Are you okay? Did I say something that made you upset?"

  I just hugged Scooter and told him,"I'm okay. I just thought of my father, and I needed to get out for a minute. I'm good. How's Justin doing?"

  Scooter looked back towards the stage and said,"He's doing great. There's something different about him, though. Justin's happier than usual."

  I laughed saying,"He must have remembered I'm here, Scooter. I am his biggest fan."

  Scooter laughed himself and nodded saying,"Okay, Gabrielle. I'm sure there's more to it than just that, but okay."

  ......

  After the concert was over, I led my family backstage to Justin. When Amelia saw Justin, she ran to him and hugged his legs. Justin looked surprised to see her, but I could tell he had run into Amelia before. He wasn't looking at her like she was some fan he was meeting for the first time.

  Justin smiled down at Amelia and said,"Hey, sweetheart. It's good to see you again. How are you here?"

  Amelia pointed to me and smiled up at Justin saying,"Gabrielle's my cousin. We're family!"

  Justin's hazel eyes widened, and he looked between me and Amelia saying,"That makes sense. I was wondering why you looked so much like Gab."

  Amelia rushed over to me, and Uncle Marcus said,"Justin, when are you coming to Atlanta? We want front row seats."

  Justin said,"I'm not sure, sir, but I can make that happen."

  Amelia pulled on my hand, and I crouched down to her level.

  She asked me,"Are you and Justin together?"

  I whispered to her,"Maybe. Guess what? We kissed, and he said he loved me. I said it back, but this happened before we went out there to perform. What do you think? Are we together?"

  I made a face, and Amelia giggled.

  Then, she nodded saying,"Yes! You're together! Yay!"

  Amelia was so happy she fell back onto the floor. When Aunt Rosa realized Amelia wasn't in need of help, she let out a sigh of relief. I only smiled.

  Justin walked over to me and motioned to the next room saying,"Can we talk? About earlier?"

  What did those words mean? Okay, so he wanted to talk to me, but was I about to be let down by Justin? Did he not mean both of the kisses we shared? Was he thinking about someone else and then mixed up his feelings towards me instead?

  I just nodded and before I could walk out with Justin, Uncle Marcus asked,"Where y'all goin'?"

  Justin cleared his throat and said,"Next door to talk."

  Uncle Marcus crossed his arms and said,"What y'all gonna talk about? Y'all can talk in here in front of her family. We'll sit down and be quiet. You won't even know we're here."

  I would have just pulled Justin into the next room, but I wasn't against staying in here either. If Justin did feel like it would be harder for us to be together, then he best to say it while I'm in here surrounded by my strong support system.

  Justin went to speak, but then he just ran out of the room. I knew Justin was going to come back because he wouldn't just leave me like that.

  Mom put her hand on my shoulder and said,"We're here."

  I leaned on her hand, before Justin ran back into the room. He held out a small box covered in blue wrapping paper.

  He looked me in the eyes saying,"I got you something as a thank you for being here and performing with me. I do also love you, so this is because of that too. You can open it."

  Aunt Michelle now stood at my side and said,"Girl, open it! We wanna see what he got you."

  Since I knew I could never have my own business, I opened the gift. All the women in my family pointed to Justin and nodded, telling me how lucky I was to have him. The men just didn't care that much.

  However, Justin's gaze fell onto my neck, and he said, trying to hide the sadness in his voice,"Right. You don't have to wear it. You have the necklace Jeremiah gave you on, and I don't want to replace him. I just wanted you to have it."

  With tears in my brown eyes, I walked up to Justin and slowly took off the necklace Jeremiah had given me. I put it in my pocket and for some reason, my neck felt lighter. I didn't even know if that was possible, but my neck did feel much lighter than before.

  I said,"Justin, can you put this necklace on for me?"

  Justin hesitated, but I grabbed his hand saying,"Jay, really, it's okay. You're not hurting me."

  I turned around and straightened the necklace for Justin before he fastened it in the back. When I looked back at him, his smile told me just how happy he was.

  Justin pulled me close and said,"You did an amazing job out there. I look forward to more performances with you."

  I said,"I thought it was just one performance?"

  Justin held me saying,"It doesn't have to be."

  I smiled and held his chin saying,"All right, Bieber. I'm in, but I still have my own shows to do. You can't have me all to yourself."

  Justin chuckled and said,"I know I can't, but I'll take what I can get. I love you, Gab."

  I kissed his forehead and replied,"I love you, too, JB. I love you, too."