Chapter 26: The Big Day is Almost Here

JUSTIN'S POV

  Gabrielle's fans were responding very well to her new single. Of course, there were people that didn't understand the song or the lyrics, so they just made fun of it or dissed it. Gabrielle wasn't new to this at all, so she just went on with her life.
  Gabrielle and I's wedding was next week, and we were both ready for the next chapter in our life. It seemed like Gabrielle's father was more excited than anyone else about the wedding. He had a countdown and everything. I knew I was lucky to have the support of Gabrielle's father.

  Speaking of Gabrielle's father, he was spending time with me at the studio. I think this was the first time that it had only been just Mr. Barnes and I. Normally, Gabrielle would have been here along with Gabrielle's other family members.

  Mr. Barnes listened to my Believe album and smiled saying,"Justin, you have a gift, son. This album never gets old to me. None of your albums do. You shouldn't stop singing. You shouldn't stop being there for Gabrielle."

  I sat down next to Mr. Barnes and replied,"I will never stop being there for Gabrielle. I really love her. Thank you for still believing in me. Thank you for supporting my music. You don't have to worry about Gabrielle, Mr. Barnes. I've got her."

  Mr. Barnes laughed and rested his hand on my shoulder saying,"JB, don't tell me not to worry about my daughter. I will always worry about her, because I just want her to have everything. It's crazy to me that she ended up with you, given how obsessed she has always been with you. I'm honored you're going to be a part of the family, Justin. I really am. I'm excited to see where you and Gabrielle go next, what you do next with your careers."

  "I'm excited, too, sir. I'm very excited."

  Mr. Barnes looked me in the eyes and said,"Justin, promise me you'll do whatever you have to do whenever to make my baby girl smile. Promise me, Justin. If anyone can do it, I know it's you."

  "I promise. I promise."

   GABRIELLE'S POV

  As I stood in my wedding dress, Aunt Michelle and Mom fixed the sides for me.

  Mom turned my head to make me look back into the mirror and asked me,"What do you think?"

  I rested my hand over my stomach, in awe of my appearance, as I said,"I love it. I adore this dress. Mom, I'm going to marry Justin."

  She chuckled and smiled at me through the mirror saying,"I know. Your dream's going to come true. I'm happy for you, Gab, but you don't go changing on me once you get married all right? I'll still drag you back home."

  I laughed and hugged Mom saying,"I won't change, Mom. You have my word. I know you'll still drag me."

  Aunt Michelle said,"That's right. She will. I will, too, so don't shut your family out."

  Amelia was drawing something, before she ran behind my piano.

  Aunt Michelle said,"Amelia, we have to go. Come on. You have school in the morning."

  That was when I heard Amelia crying.

  Aunt Michelle's smile dropped, and she crouched down trying to get Amelia to come out from behind the piano.

  Aunt Michelle asked her,"Amelia, what's wrong, baby?"

  I stepped down from the platform and walked over to my piano. I motioned to Aunt Michelle that I could take care of this, before she left out of the room with my mother.

  I sat down on the floor, and I could see the tears running down Amelia's face. I tried to move closer to her, but Amelia would just crawl further away from me.

  "Amelia, you don't like my dress?"

  Amelia sniffed and said,"I like your dress, Gab."

  I smiled saying,"You know when I got the dress, I just knew you were going to like it. Do you think Justin will like it? I have to know your opinion."

  Amelia just cried even more.

  I frowned; Amelia moved again.

  I just sat down in my dress and said,"Okay, well I'll just sit here with you."

  Amelia crawled out from behind my piano, but then she ran out of the room. I sighed and stood to my feet. Mom and Aunt Michelle helped me out of my dress before they put it up. I looked around for Amelia, but I overheard Justin and Dad talking downstairs.

  I walked down the stairs and asked Justin and Dad,"Have you guys seen Amelia?"

  Justin motioned behind the sofa, and I noticed Amelia.

  Dad wrapped an arm around me, before Justin whispered,"I'll talk to her."

  I nodded and watched Justin walk over to Amelia. Amelia jumped at first, but then she looked at Justin.

  Dad led me into the kitchen and said,"How did it go with the dress?"

  I said,"It went great. I'm ready."