Chapter 16: Gabrielle's Breaking Point

JUSTIN'S POV

  I slowly glanced over at Gab, and she looked about ready to throw up. I kept her steady, and I couldn't believe what I was seeing with my eyes either. When I looked over at Mrs. Barnes, she was already heading towards Gabrielle's father.
  Gab, she was just frozen in place. She made no effort to get up, but because she was just in shock. I was, too. Gabrielle's first love was here. He was..back again. I didn't want to be selfish, but what did that mean for the two of us? Was this the part where she returned to him?

   GABRIELLE'S POV

  I was glad Justin was here, because I would have hit the ground already. How was this possible? Dad and Jeremiah were dead. It appeared not. I thought of the possibility that I had been drugged, but Mom got up, too. That let me know that this was real.

  This was happening.

  Mom embraced dad; he embraced her. Jeremiah looked around the restaurant before his brown eyes met my own. He smiled that smile at me, yet I..I couldn't return it. This was too much.

  Vixen laughed saying,"Now this is one reunion, if you want to leave out the rest of your family."

  Before I could even lung at Vixen, Justin was dragging me away from the scene before me. He wasn't actually dragging me, but he was getting me out as quickly as possible. Something told me he understood. He understood how this must have felt for me right now.

  When we both came to a stop, he pulled me close and said,"Don't speak. Take deep breaths. You're not alone. I'm right here with you."

  I took several deep breaths, before I motioned back towards the inside of the restaurant.

  Justin sighed saying,"I know. This is crazy."

  I replied, trying not to get overwhelmed,"This is insane, Jay! Who were those people that we buried at the funeral then? This means my father and Jeremiah were never dead! They've been alive this whole time! My father's been alive this whole time! Jeremiah's been alive this whole time."

  Justin didn't know what to say to me, so he just held me. I appreciated that he was here, because I loved him tremendously. To have him here to keep me from spiraling, it was a huge relief.

  I buried my face in his neck and said,"I love you, Justin. You've been here for me in so many different ways. I want you to know I'm not going to go back to Jeremiah."

  I pulled back from Justin's embrace and gazed into his hazel eyes.

  He said,"I would hate to lose you, but Gab, you would get another cha-"

  I closed Justin's mouth saying,"But nothing, Jay. Sure, Jeremiah was my first love and Selena was your own, but you're irreplaceable. You're you, and I want to stay together."

  Justin smiled and just nodded.

  I gave him a kiss and said,"Let's get back in there and see my father and Jeremiah. What do you think will happen?"

  Justin shrugged and led me back inside to everyone. However, Mom was yelling at Vixen.

  I put my hand on Mom's shoulder and turned to Vixen saying,"So, you had it look like my father was murdered, and Jeremiah died from a beating? That's smart. That's also sick. Before you even try to act innocent, you wanted me to know they were here. So, what's next?"

  Vixen replied,"Next, I go home."

  Justin stood in front of me waiting to shield me from whatever Vixen was about to do, but then she just said those words.

  I said,"No. No. You have something else in mind. You always do! What's next, Vixen? You're going to humiliate me at one of my concerts?"

  Vixen looked bored, but she chuckled saying,"You really need a life, Barnes. It's a shame that Justin's stuck with you instead of me. I have a concert to do tomorrow. A concert that will be way better than yours. Goodbye losers. You can have your father and Jeremiah back."

  Even with Vixen heading towards the exit, it didn't feel right just letting her walk out. I had been so careful about not messing up, not letting Vixen get to me, but I didn't care this time. She had taken countless amounts of people from my life over the years, and now she just wanted to walk away.

  Justin said,"Come on, baby girl. This is a lot to take in, but-"

  I rushed out the door and caught up with Vixen.

  I pushed her with much force and yelled,"YOU DON'T GET TO JUST WALK AWAY! YOU'RE GOING TO PAY FOR THIS!!"

  Vixen glanced at the crowd that was beginning to form around the two of us.

  Vixen smirked and said,"How, Gabrielle? This is the same girl that could barely get a word out without messing it up. Now, she's going to make me pay. I'd like to see that."

  Justin yelled,"GAB, DON'T! THIS IS WHAT SHE WANTS!"

  I looked back at Justin and was pushed down to the ground.

  Vixen replied,"Come on, Gabrielle. Are you scared?"

  But the more Vixen taunted me, the more I began to drain Justin's voice out. Then, I began to drain everything out. I rushed up to Vixen and punched her hard across the face.
  She just laughed and took a swing at me, but I ducked and kneed her in the stomach. She fell to the ground and groaned in pain.

  I pushed her over and said,"How does that feel, Vixen? That's how I always felt."

  I turned around and faced the crowd before I kicked her in the leg. I looked down at her, and she tripped me. My face collided with the hard sidewalk, and then I tripped her.

  Before I could do anything else, Dad pulled me back and yelled,"PRINCESS, STOP! THAT'S ENOUGH!"

  From the look my father was giving me, I dare not to go back to fighting Vixen. When I saw that people were recording, I knew I had messed up big time.