Chapter 9: A Walk Around

4 WEEKS LATER... 

   GABRIELLE'S POV

  After some talking, Justin and I were officially a couple. However, no one really knew that because neither of us had been out together. For these last four weeks, Justin and I had been on separate sides of the world. Our schedules just didn't allow us time to really talk about anything, not the stuff we really wanted to talk about anyway.
  I was in North America, while Justin had been in Europe. I wasn't on tour yet, but I had been doing small shows here and there to get me comfortable again. This whole thing was teaching me why you had to be so careful about messing up in front of everyone.

  Before I could even lie down to take a quick nap, my phone rang. I lazily reached for my phone and saw that it was Justin calling me.

  I answered,"Yeah, Jay?"

  He said,"I love you. What are you doing?"

  I smiled and replied,"I was just about to take a nap, but I have some time for you. You on your way back here yet?"

  Justin became quiet, and I took that as a "no."

  He said,"I know you're upset, baby, but the weather's pretty bad out here. Also, the time was pushed back. I'll be there around 1 a.m., though. I'll still be there in a couple more hours."

  I sighed saying,"I know, but I'll stay up until you get here."

  Justin said,"No, you need rest. I'll call you when I get there. I promise."

  "Okay. My shows have been going well. There were a couple where I was booed, but I'm okay. I'm strong, so I'm focusing on the shows that go very well. I still have fans behind me, and I learned that from you."

  "I'm glad to hear you're listening to me, and that you're staying strong. I have to go. You get some rest, and I'll call you when I land. I love you, Gabrielle."

  I replied,"You better call, and I love you more, Justin. Bye."

  I hung up the phone and looked at the time before I decided to lie down.

...

  I woke up to hearing my phone ringing. I immediately grabbed my phone and answered the call, Justin's call.

  Justin said,"I'm here. Let me in."

  I pushed the covers off me and jumped off the bed. The second my feet hit the ground, I rushed down the stairs. Then, I opened the door to reveal Justin holding a rose. I threw the rose and tackled Justin.

  I placed kisses all over his face and he chuckled saying,"I've missed you, too, Gab. You're heavy."

  I just held on to Justin, and he carried me inside. He sat down with me in his lap, before he told me all about where he had been. I listened to every word, every encounter he had had. I told Justin about my experiences, and he made sure I was all right.

  When it just became quiet between us, I asked him,"Justin, can we go for a walk around the neighborhood?"

  Justin nodded and led me outside. As we walked together, I noticed Justin's grip tightened around my left hand. Then, I remembered that we were in Atlanta. I don't think Justin was uncomfortable, but maybe he was seeing something I wasn't seeing.
  I followed Justin's hazel eyes and saw exactly what he was looking at. In a matter of seconds, someone I hadn't seen in months was in front of me, along with his two closest friends.

  The first thing he said was,"So, you can walk the neighborhood with white guys, but you can't come see me?"

  Justin became a little uncomfortable; I squeezed his hand.

  I said,"Trey.."

  He smiled at me and said,"I'm just messing with you, Gab. Come here and give me a hug."

  I hugged Trey, and he returned my hug. But, he just now acknowledged Justin by saying,"Why do you look so familiar?"

  I rolled my eyes and said,"Trey, you know who he is. He's Justin Bieber. You've heard of him."

  Trey and his friends laughed, before he said,"Oh, right! Yeah. I've heard a couple of your songs. Why are you with Gab, though?"

  Justin went to respond, but I said,"It's none of your business, Trey. You interrupted Justin and I's walk."

  I went to lead Justin around Trey and his two friends, but Trey grabbed my arm.

  He said,"You're not getting away that easily, woman. Are you two together?"

  I confidently said,"Yes, we are."

  Trey just gazed at me for a minute before he said,"Okay. See you."

  He let go of my arm, and Justin and I continued our walk.

  I linked my arm in Justin's arm, and he asked me,"Were you and Trey together?"

  I nodded saying,"Yeah, right after dad died. It lasted for a while. A good while, but Trey went to college, and I was on the road too much to maintain a good relationship with him. We found it harder to spend any decent amount of time together, so we just called it off."

  Justin didn't say a word after I finished, and I just introduced Justin to my neighbors.