Chapter 10: Another Award Show

GABRIELLE'S POV

  As I tried to find something to eat, my doorbell went off. I jogged over to the door and looked out through the window to see it was Scooter and my mom.

  I opened the door, and Mom hugged me saying,"Hey, honey. Where's your dress?"

  I looked at her confused and asked her,"A dress for what?"

  Scooter said,"The award show. You didn't forget, did you? Justin will be here any minute. Gab, we talked about this many times."

  I bolted up the stairs and grabbed my best dress. I threw the dress onto the bed before I took a quick shower. I got out, dried off, and did everything I needed to do to get ready.

  Once I was done, I had mom make sure I was ready for this award show.

  Mom smiled and said,"Baby, you look beautiful. I'm so proud of you. I don't think I say it enough."

  I rushed over to my mother and embraced her saying,"Mom, thank you. You say it enough, and it makes the difference every time."

  Mom brushed my hair out of my face and said,"I know your father and Jeremiah are pleased right now. I know Justin will be, too. You keep an eye on him, okay?"

  I nodded, and Justin appeared at the doorway. He looked amazing. He gave Mom a kiss on the cheek and a hug before he made his way over to me.

  He said,"Gab, I have no words."

  I bowed, and Justin led me down the stairs and out the door. Scooter and Mom followed.

...

  When we made it, I noticed all the other groundbreaking music artists were here. I also spotted Vixen, but I wasn't going to let her get the best of me again.

  Justin took my hand and placed multiple kisses on my knuckles saying,"You've got this, Gab. I've got your back. Always."

  I kissed his knuckles in return, before he led me towards the entrance. However, Justin and I became surrounded by the paparazzi. Since this was our first time being out together as a couple, clearly the paparazzi was enjoying this.
  Justin kept a firm grip on my hand and led me out of the chaos. We stopped a couple of times for pictures, and then Justin and I walked inside where the show would be held. That was when Justin and I separated from Mom and Scooter.

  Scooter was also here in support of his other artists, so I took no offense to him sitting somewhere else. Plus, Mom was with him, so I knew she would enjoy seeing the music artists she liked here as well.

  Kehlani spotted me and got up from her seat. She walked over to me and hugged me.

  I hugged her back and said,"It's good to see a friendly face. You look beautiful."

  She smiled, and Justin let go of my hand to speak to Chris.

  Kehlani took both of my hands saying,"Don't be scared. You'll be okay."

  I gave her hands a gentle squeeze before I looked around at all the people, all the pairs of eyes that could possibly be watching me accept an award tonight.

  Justin rested his hand on my lower back and said,"Come on, Gab. It's about to start."

  I nodded, and Justin and I took our seats in the second row. Justin fixed the bottom of my dress and looked over at me.

  I just smiled at him and said,"Thanks for being here with me."

  Justin leaned over and rested his forehead against my own saying,"You're welcome."

  I pushed Justin's face to the side, and he smiled leaning back in his seat. The award show went by pretty fast, but then we finally made it to the categories that I was in. The first one was: Album of the Year.  
  I was in the same category as many other amazing artists, but that didn't mean I wasn't capable of taking home this award. I grabbed Justin's hand, and Justin leaned forward waiting to hear who had won in this category.

  "Gabrielle Barnes!!"

  When I heard my name, I thought I was imagining it at first. But by the excitement coming from Justin, it told me this moment was real. There were people who hadn't given up on me.
  I gave Justin a long kiss, and then I headed to the stage. I heard a couple boos, but I wasn't going to let them ruin this for me. I wasn't going to waste any of my valuable tears on these people.

  Once I reached the stairs, the boos only became louder. Maybe they were waiting until I was on the stage to do this to me. However, I could still hear and see the people that were cheering for me. I focused on those people and only them.

  I don't know if this was some sick joke, but Vixen was the one who was to hand me my award. Maybe this was God giving me another chance to do this the right way.
  Instead of giving Vixen a frown or jumping her onstage, I just gave her a smile. I could tell she was thrown off. She should have been, because I wasn't going to let her get a rise out of me.

  She handed me the award and said through gritted teeth,"Congrats, Gab. You deserve this."

  I looked back out towards the crowd; Justin was still standing. I could tell he was trying to figure out whether to come up here or not.

  I motioned to him that I was okay, and then I said to Vixen,"Thank you. I'll be back up here."

  Vixen rolled her eyes, and I carried my award all the way to my seat.

  Justin hugged me from the side and kissed my forehead saying,"You okay? What did she say to you? Do you need to get some air?"

  I said,"Let's just sit. I'm great actually."

  Justin slowly sat back down, and I ended up getting two more awards that night. I was grateful for all three of my awards.
  After the awards show had ended, Justin, Mom, Scooter, and I went out to celebrate my success today.