Chapter 14: The Encounter with a Vixen

GABRIELLE'S POV

  After Justin left last night, I stayed up for a while. I even called Aunt Michelle to check on Amelia. Since I normally called about Amelia, Aunt Michelle just gave the phone to her with no hesitation. Amelia kept telling me she was scared, and I did what I could to make her less scared.
  When I hung up, I prepared myself to get on an airplane and do this show. When I made it to the where I would be performing, I was escorted inside.

  I met up with Scooter and said,"Hey. How's my man doing?"

  Scooter smiled saying,"He's good. He just finished performing. He's on an airplane now."

  I nodded and before I went onstage, Scooter grabbed my arm and asked me,"Are you all right?"

  I sent him a weak smile saying,"No. I'm angry, actually. But don't worry, I'll fill you in later. I have a show to do."

  Scooter looked about ready to end this whole concert, but he let me make my own decision. I actually ended up doing pretty well, but I knew it definitely wasn't my best performance. I knew that.
  After the concert ended, Scooter and I sat down together to eat. I told him everything that had happened in the last few days. He was concerned for sure, but he only asked me how I was holding up.

  I chuckled saying,"I don't expect anything from you, Scooter, but I'm hanging in there. I'm angry, a little scared, but I'm still not ready to quit."

  Scooter nodded, and then he was staring at something behind me.

  He got up saying,"We should go. Vixen's here."

  By the look on my face, Scooter could tell I wasn't surprised. That was when he realized what I was going to do.

  He put his hand over my own saying,"Just don't let her get in your head too much. You've been doing very well. I'd like for it to stay that way."

  Scooter moved to the other side of the restaurant, and Vixen saw me with her light green eyes. She walked over and sat down across from me.

  She said,"No Justin? That's too bad. I was looking forward to seeing him."

  By the way she was looking, I was trying my hardest not to jump over the table.

  I replied sarcastically,"I'm sure seeing you would have made his day, too."

  Vixen narrowed her eyes at me, and I said,"You had some nerve leaving me those pictures. If you come near my mother, I'll-"

  Vixen chuckled saying,"Aww, so cute, Gab, but we both know who always wins between the two of us. This has been going on for years now. You should just save yourself the time and give up."

  "Giving up isn't an option, and I refuse to let you win. Don't go back to my mother's house and stay away from my family. Stay away from Justin."

  Vixen leaned forward and grabbed my wrist tightly.

  She said,"Oh, honey, did you forget who you're talking to? If I want Justin, he'll come to me. I won't even have to ask. Sooner or later, he'll come around. Jeremiah came around. Trey came around. Justin will come around. Believe that."

  "Justin won't come around. Count on that. I refuse to let you-"

  Vixen got up saying,"Bye, Gabrielle. A pleasure seeing you again. I'll be seeing Justin later."

  Vixen blew me a kiss and left. I motioned to Scooter that it was okay for him to come back to the table.

  He walked over and said,"Let's get you back to Atlanta."

  .....

  After a long plane ride, I was finally on the way home. When I pulled into my driveway, I checked on my mother, yet she was at my door.

  I said,"Hey, you okay?"

  Mom said,"Hey, baby. Can I stay with you?"

  I didn't bother asking Mom why she didn't want to stay elsewhere, because it would be better for her here.
  I nodded and helped Mom carry her stuff inside. I smiled at her being prepared and knowing I would say yes.

  ....

  After I helped Mom get settled in, I fixed myself some cereal and sat down beside her.

  She said,"How did your meeting go with Vixen? What did she say?"

  Scooter..I knew he had told her. He had to. He could have also been scared of my mother, which was why he told her everything that went on with me.

  I sighed saying,"She said a lot, Mom. She did bring up Justin, though. She said that he would come around, just like Jeremiah and Trey did. I trust Justin. I just don't trust Vixen, though. She'll do something to make him feel like I'm not doing enough. She does that to everyone I know."

  Mom held my face saying,"Then, you hold on to Justin, and you keep that trust in him. You just keep faith that the love and the trust between the two of you will be enough."