Chapter 27: The Moments Before

GABRIELLE'S POV

  As I played the piano, Dad sat down on my left side and Mom sat down on my right side.

  I laughed and asked them,"Am I in trouble?"

  Dad shook his head and Mom said,"No, sweetheart. We just wanted to tell you how proud we are of you. With everything that has happened with you and Vixen and even Jeremiah, we know that things have not been easy for you. I know your father hasn't always been here, not that he didn't want to be. It was against his own will, but I felt like I should have always done more for you. I know people have caused you a lot of pain, but I could have-"

  I put my hand over Mom's hand and stressed to her,"Mom, even if you were to give me everything (and you did), the world would have found some way to get back at me. You did everything you could. You put aside your own wants to take care of me, and I love you so much for that."

  Mom kissed my cheek and I said to Dad and then to both Mom and Dad,"Dad, you did everything you could and I'm glad you're back. Both of you have been amazing parents, and I do expect for you to be at my wedding. Justin wants both of you there. Yes, Dad, Justin Bieber wants you to be at the wedding."

  Dad smiled and said,"It feels good to hear you say that, but I loved him first, Y/N. I knew him before you knew him."

  I chuckled saying,"All right, daddy. I'm going to let you have that. I'll let you have that. Really, I want to be able to look out in the crowd and see both of you."

  Dad and Mom both hugged me before I heard,"Sorry to interrupt, but I need to speak to Y/N."

  Mom and Dad got up before they acknowledged Justin and left.

  Justin sat down beside me and took my right hand saying,"I hope you're ready for what comes next."

  I said,"I am. So, what was wrong with Amelia?"

  Justin placed a kiss on my hand and said,"She's afraid that once you and I get married, you're not going to be around anymore. She's scared that you're going to replace her with another little girl. Don't worry. I talked to her, and she's okay now. I guess she just needed to hear me say that you were going to be there for her whenever she needed you. Just keep that in mind, okay?"

  I nodded and brought my hand up to Justin's face saying,"Thank you for talking to Amelia. That means so much to me, Justin. The world has always been wrong about you, and I'm glad you're still here. I'm glad you were so kind to me. When I walk down the aisle, I know I'll be where I need to be. I love you, JB."

  A few tears fell down Justin's face, and he leaned into my hand saying,"I love you, Gabrielle. I'm glad you came to my concert that day." 

  "I'm glad you didn't use your fame as an excuse to treat me any differently than you did. That's what I was glad about."