Chapter 25: Quality Time is Key

GABRIELLE'S POV

  Planning a wedding was a lot of work, but I knew it would be worth it in the end. I was getting married to Justin, whom I knew had my best interest at heart. Justin was real, and he wanted to be with me.
  When I made it to the studio, I was content. I felt good. When I finally recorded my single, it came out amazing. I felt like all the stress and tears were worth it. I really wanted Justin and Dad to hear it first.

  Scooter listened to my single a second time and said,"Gabrielle, this is..."

  I put my hands over my mouth, very anxious to what Scooter was about to say. Scooter had been with me this whole time through everything, and I appreciated every second he stayed.

  Scooter said,"Amazing. I can really hear you through this song. I love the lyrics, and your voice sounds fantastic. I'm proud, very proud."

  I hugged Scooter, and he returned my hug.

  Justin walked in and said,"Man, why are you trying to steal my girl?"

  Scooter chuckled, and Justin greeted Scooter and Dad. Dad had been outside taking a call.

  Dad gave me a kiss, before I said to Dad and Justin,"I want the two of you to hear my single. You ready?"

  Dad and Justin both nodded, before I turned around. When the song began to play, Justin and Dad began to move their heads to the beat. Then, Dad tried to sing along, like he knew everything I was going to say.

  I laughed, and Dad said,"Princess, you sound great! I can't believe that's your voice."

  I leaned on my father and looked over at Justin. He winked at me and pulled me close.

  He said,"Dance with me."

  Justin swayed us from side to side before he twirled me around. I smiled, and Dad smiled at Justin and I.

  When the song was over, Dad said,"I want to hear that song one thousand times."

  I chuckled saying,"Okay, just don't hurt yourself. Thank you for making it here."

  Dad waved it off, and I showed Justin and Dad some ideas I had for another album. Eventually, Dad had to leave to help Mom with her car.

  Justin wrapped his arms around me from behind and said,"Gabrielle, you killed that song. You never disappoint with your music. Promise me you'll always try to write your own music?"

  I kissed Justin's jaw saying,"I always try my best. I'm glad you think so highly of my music. I promise you, Justin, I will always try to write my own music. I will do it for as long as I can."

  ..........

  When I made it home, I closed my car door and stopped at hearing something behind me.

  I turned around and chuckled saying,"Surely, there is something else you can be doing right now. Are you alone or is Jeremiah with you?"

  Vixen walked up to me and said,"Did you really think I was going to leave you alone?"

  I ran my fingers over the top of my car saying,"For a few days, I actually thought you were going to. That didn't last long, though. You've put me through so much since kindergarten."

  Vixen laughed saying,"You've had fun through all of it. It's been an amazing experience."

  I rolled my eyes and tightened my grip around my car keys saying,"Fun? No. Terrible? Sure. Why do you keep doing this?"

  Vixen said,"Would you believe me if I  said I wanted to break you? I want everyone to see the Gabrielle I've always seen, not the one you're pretending to be."

  I laughed saying,"Oh, so you know me better than I know myself? That's cool. That's cool, but it's not true. I know my limitations. I know that you have continued to be on my back, but I'm not letting you get to me anymore. You can keep trying, but nothing can stop me anymore."

  Vixen remained quiet, before she left. When I took a breath, it felt really good. I, honestly felt like everything was going to be okay from now on. Even if Vixen or Jeremiah tried messing with me, I was going to keep my head up and look out for myself, my family, my friends, and Justin.

  Before I walked inside, Pattie called me.

  She said,"Hey, sweetheart. I just wanted to see how you were doing."

  I smiled at Pattie checking in on me and said to her,"Thanks for calling. I'm good, actually, really good. I'm ready to get married to your son."

  Pattie laughed and replied,"He's ready to marry you. Has your music been coming okay?"

  I ended up staying on the phone with Pattie for a while, until I fell asleep.