Chapter 22: For Justin

1 MONTH LATER...

   GABRIELLE'S POV

  I had grown accustomed to being able to get sleep in and focusing more on my health. Even with everything that had happened between my father and Jeremiah being back, I made sure I focused on spending time with them.
  Dad and I spent most of our time together watching Justin like we did before Vixen took my father away from me. Now, I just took every opportunity available to spend time with my father. Jeremiah, though, it wasn't going as well.

  Speaking of Jeremiah, he was at my front door.

  He asked me,"Bieber here?"

  I raised an eyebrow at him and said,"No, he's out performing another show. Why?"

  Jeremiah noticed the pictures of Justin and I by the front door.

  He looked at each of them and said,"So, you've really given up on the two of us?"

  "Jeremiah, I don't know what you want me to say. I didn't think this was going to happen between Justin and I either, but I'm not abandoning him."

  Jeremiah turned to look at me saying,"So, my feelings don't matter now? It's only about Justin. It's always just about Justin. What's so special about him?"

  "There isn't anything that's not special about Justin. I need you to leave right now."

  Jeremiah replied,"Whatever. Your loss."

  Jeremiah opened my front door, and I said,"I've got Justin. I'm winning. You're the one that doesn't have me."

  Jeremiah walked up to me, and I took a step back.

  He said,"It wasn't like I loved you anyway."

  I replied, even though I had heard him perfectly,"What did you just say? I don't think I heard you, Jeremiah."

  Jeremiah looked me in the eyes saying,"I said it wasn't like I loved you anyway. How do you think Vixen got into your mother's house and put that paper with the pictures on it in your room? I'm the one that let her in. Of course, your mother didn't know Vixen was with me, but she was."

  I replied,"You're lying. That was all Vixen and her parents."

  Jeremiah said,"No, I'm being honest. It's nice to know my "death" affected you so much, though. You took our relationship more seriously than I did."

  I was trying not to let Jeremiah see that he had gotten to me a great deal. All those long nights crying, those intense therapy sessions, they were all for nothing. Jeremiah never really loved me. I believed him because I could just tell he wasn't joking with me right now.
  I went to hit Jeremiah, but he pushed me into the picture frames against the wall. Some shattered and hit the floor, while others remained on the wall.

  Jeremiah held me against the wall saying,"You were so quick to trust me that it caused you to lose four years with your father. You lost me, but look where that got you?"

  Jeremiah was thrown over my living room table.

  Jeremiah went to get up, but dad said,"Don't get up."

  I stood next to dad and asked him," You get all of that?"

  Dad stopped recording with his phone and said,"I did. Smart thinking, princess. How did you know Jeremiah was involved, though?"

  I said,"Jeremiah was never good at telling lies, and Mom told me about how he showed up that day. She could tell something was off. I could too. If I think back hard enough, it makes sense that Jeremiah would give in to Vixen. She did bring him up."

  Dad was definitely angry, but he was just set on getting Jeremiah as far away from me as possible.

    3 MONTHS LATER...

  Despite everything that had just taken place, I had been working on this moment for Justin for a long time now. It took guts. It took courage, and I wanted to do this more than anything.
  Justin would be here any minute, and I double checked my look in the mirror. When the doorbell rang, I rushed down the stairs and opened the door.

  Justin chuckled and then he said,"What's going on? Do you have more than one birthday?"

  I let him in, and Justin noticed the table.

  He asked me,"Baby girl, what am I missing?"

  I just pushed Justin over to the table and made him sit down. I sat down in his lap and kept pushing food into his mouth, before he stopped questioning me.

  When we both became full, I said,"Jay, I know this seems really fancy, but I hope you like it. I really tried to do something nice for you to tell you that I'm grateful to have you. Not just by this meal, but by this too."

  I pulled Justin to his feet and said,"Stay right here. Don't go anywhere. Okay?"

  Justin nodded and smiled at me. I rushed up to my bedroom. I pushed everything around in my top drawer before I found the items I was looking for. I took a deep breath, then I ran back down the steps.

  I made my way over to Justin and he said,"So?"

  I cleared my throat and held out the expensive beanie, chain, and bracelet out towards Justin.

  I admitted to him,"I've been trying to think of how I could say thank you for just being with me, but nothing ever felt big enough. I know that you'd never ask me to spend a lot of money on you, but I wanted to. I just wanted to give you these things, because I thought you'd appreciate them."

  Justin put the beanie on his head and checked himself out in the mirror. I laughed at his facial expressions, and he smiled at me through the mirror.
  Then, I turned him around and put the chain around his neck. But when I went to grab his bracelet, Justin accidentally knocked it out of my hand.

  He apologized, yet I walked over to where the bracelet landed. When I picked the bracelet up and turned back to Justin, he was down on one knee. 

  I slowly walked back over to Justin, and he looked me in the eyes saying,"Gabrielle Selene Barnes, will you marry me?"

  The look that came across my face was one for a camera. I wasn't expecting this, but that made it even more special.

  I was so happy that I quickly yelled "yes," then I tackled Justin. Because this moment was everything to me, I showered him with kisses. He caught the ring, and he slid it on to my finger.

  I just looked down at the ring, and Justin held me saying,"Thank you for saying "yes." Do you like the ring?"

  I cuddled into him saying,"I love the ring. Thank you for asking me, Justin. I look forward to every moment ahead."