Levi + Winged Reader

Words: 3304

Pain and darkness, that's all your life was and all you had ever known. You were an experiment put together by the King's loyal men, by the king's own order. You were deemed a failure when they couldn't control you the way the wanted.

You were created before you were even born, they were experimenting on your mother, who was a kidnapped prostitute from the underground. Whatever they did to her failed and instead infused to you. As at the time no one knew that you were developing inside her. You were born with beautiful black feathery wings, they were fluffy with baby feathers when you were born, now they were soft and smooth to the touch.

Your mother died during childbirth, her body wasn't built for your different structure and the rips and tears left behind soon got infected leading to the demise of her already weakened body, after the doctors didn't help her by sterilising and closing up the wound, the doctors only wanted you. She died alone and afraid watching as you were taken away from her.

From then on, your life was a cage, that's all you saw. There were no lights, leaving you in full darkness your entire life. The room stayed the same and was never cleaned leaving (Y/A) year's worth of grime to build up. It also meant that now as an adult you couldn't fully stretch your wings, the bars had changed, they were much thicker as you had developed immense strength and had broken through the last ones.

The metal door above opened with a creak letting in a slither of light and a figure into the room. You scampered away from the bars and hid in the back of the dark sell. You hissed at the person who slid you food under the bars.

"You won't be seeing me for a while (Y/N). I'm afraid I'm heading to wall Sheena, the founding titans powers are coming back to the Reiss family." He knows you couldn't understand him, having never been taught his language, and so he would often spout information at you knowing you couldn't tell anyone.

You hissed louder threatening him, while curling your wings around yourself. He nodded and then left the way he came leaving an abnormally large amount of food. You scoffed it down leaving the meat until last as it was your favourite. You were alone again. Like most days, you only had human contact when food was brought. But that was the way they had conditioned you.

*Flashback*

When you were young you were given a bird by the same man that fed you every day, it was a small baby bird that had only just gotten his baby feathers, they said it had fallen out of its nest and the parents wouldn't take it back so gave it to you to look after it. You couldn't be happier at that point as you held the small bird in you palm.

It tweeted to you happily and snuggled into your palm, you smiled at it determined to look after it, and you did. You fed it and played with it even tried to teach it how to fly despite your own non knowledge about the subject, it grew quickly and you to became the best of friends fast. It never left your side and made a home in your feathers frequently.

That was until the man who fed you brought some friends, they quickly separated both you and your small bird gripping it in one hand, it screeched for you to help it but you couldn't get to it as the other men whipped you every time you moved and pinned you down by your wings.

You had to watch as the man who fed you himself took your friend and then a knife from his back pocket, you began to cry as he took the knife and cut the small birds head off killing it slowly it struggling until his spine was cut through.