The Clashers Arena Part 2

Words: 4907

Written by Jackflap101

Hange had wished you luck and given you another hug. You pretended like you didn't need it, but deep down, you both knew you need every ounce you could get. Even though it would have been considered cheating, you knew she would have cast a luck spell, if she had perfected it in time.

​You headed down the long winding corridors to the barracks after Hange returned to the stands. There was to be a break between the rounds to repair armour or switch out weapons, but you didn't have long. You had spent too long in the corridor with Hange for it to be worth taking your armour off, so you settled with just tightening what you had on.

While practising your swings with your dual swords, you heard someone clear their throat behind you. Spinning on your heels, your blades met the face of the person who startled you.

​"You better be as good as your first three matches, or neither of us will have a shot" the man said, a hint of admiration in his voice.

You just about recognised him, but couldn't tell where from. His hair was straw blond and his eyes a calming forest-green. He had to look up to you to look you in the eye; you wouldn't say he had a dainty figure, but he didn't look overly strong. It was obvious a little more time than expected was taken to figure out who he was, so he introduced himself. "I'm Igor, from the next town over. You beat me in the first-round 3 years ago"

​Ahhh! The archer that Hange mentioned! Honestly, you don't remember the fight itself, but you do remember the scraggly blonde hair and the sloppy marksmanship. He had obviously gotten better over the years, as this is the first time you recall ever seeing him in the second round.

"Nice to meet you- well... Re-meet you" You laugh a little, raising your swords over your head and putting them back in their scabbards.

​"Yeah nice to meet you again" he says, but doesn't laugh like you do. He rather gives a small smile, showing he was nervous. This must be what Hange feels like when talking to me You think to yourself, trying to figure out what he was nervous about.

"I want to cut this short, as we don't have much time," He goes on to say "Some people are pairing up for their matches, to easily take on the other, generally stronger contestants".

So this is why he was here. He didn't need to say anything else, you were already on to what he was going to suggest "I'm in" You say, holding your hand in front of you, ready to shake.

​"I havn't said anything yet..." he frowned deeply

​"You didn't have to. I'm assuming you have already heard about 'Humanities Strongest Soldier' being in our next match, and I figure that we could both use all the help I could get."

​"Exactly. I can barely take on you, let alone two others that are much, much stronger than me." He says, grabbing your hand and shaking it.

He doesn't let go just yet though, and continues speaking "Of course, I understand that once the other two are out, it'll be fair game between us." He finally lets go of your hand and gives you a short nod before jogging back over to his station.

It doesn't take long before you could hear the announcer calling the contestants for the first round, so you start heading back to the arena. The other contestants from your village and the next village over wish you luck as you leave, with the others not even giving you a second glance.

You see Igor and the Caster filter out of the other door to get to the other side of the Colosseum, and you wonder if Levi is already out there. Once you get out of the door, however, you come face to face with Humanities Strongest Soldier himself, almost bumping into him.