Levi + Librarian Reader

Words: 1645

Words: 1645

There he goes again, your eyes flicked up from the basket of returned books you were sorting through. Levi, Humanities Strongest Soldier was back, he had been for the past couple of months. You were a librarian, you loved your job, surrounded by books all day and you loved organising them. There was something satisfying seeing the lines of perfectly origin aided books, rows upon rows of them, but you could get lonely.

Levi caught your attention from day one of him coming to this library, first because of his handsome and striking looks, that first day you quietly observed him. At first you thought he had just come in out of convenience, he was in the area and needed to find a book, after all the scouts had their own library stocked full of books. But then he kept coming, and that made you curious.

Why would he keep going out of his way to come here when he had another source of knowledge living with him, you always thought. Not only that but he would always go to the kids section to pic out a book and then hide himself at the back of the library, you knew only one sure thing about the man and that was that he was humanities strongest solider, so you couldn't deduce anything about him.

But today you were going to find out.

The moment he disappeared from view you moved, weaving in and out of the shelves placing some of the sorted books back on their shelves, you didn't want to look like you were making a bee-line for him. Finally he came back into view, he was hidden in a seat in the far corner of the room, you looked at the book he was reading. It was a fairy book. You had to suppress your laughter.

You weren't judging him it was just quite a funny sight to behold. Why is he reading a fairy book? Does he have a daughter? You thought watching him. However, you didn't realise how obviously you were watching him, a suppressed grin in your face. However, Levi's voice soon brought you from your trance.

"Can I help you with something?" Levi's eyes left his book and looked up to you with a frown.

You jumped with a gasp "ack, no sorry I didn't mean to stare. Do you want some book suggestions for your daughter, I know what's good and it would save you reading them all the time" you offered.

"I don't have a daughter" he gruffly said, his eyes going back to his book.

"Son then? Which is fine too, if that's what he likes that's what he likes I'm not one to judge" you smiled.

"No, I don't have kids or a significant other" Levi seemed to be hiding behind his book at this point.

"Oh really. Well if that's what you like, I might have something in the adults section about mythical creatures and the like. It's quite obscure but I can get it for you" you went to move away to fetch the book but was caught by the wrist, stopping you.

"No" Levi sighed putting down the book "I won't be able to understand it so don't go and get it I'm fine with this one."

You paused the words running through your mind "Levi... forgive me for the familiarity, but can you not read?" You were very careful with your approach on the subject.