Angel Levi + Demon Reader

Words: 1680

Words: 1680

The earth thundered from the black-winged steeds that's galloped forwards with your own, you were leading the charge uphill towards a dark cliff. It was your 6th time leading the demon cavalry to war and so far, you had been winning. You had to win otherwise you'd be dead. No one could beat you and your higher ups were impressed.

A deep red dust kicked up from the many hooves pounding on the ground as the dotted trees shook and the floor cracked, you added to the many hoof prints from past battles. This was always your launch point when you jumped into battle as it gave you the best place to jump into the air with power, and put you on a level field with the angels when you clashed.

Finally, you reached the cliff edge. Without breaking stride your steed opened its black, skeleton, bat-like wings and took off into the sky, your cavalry following. Your group was so big that you could still hear the earth thundering from their hooves long after you had taken flight, but you didn't turn to look behind you the view in front taking all of your attention.

There was a line of white across the sky, slowly getting bigger and bigger as you got closer to each other. Behind them the sun was blaring, giving the angels that godly shine of good, you couldn't make out figures but they were definitely there. They were smaller in numbers than you but they were still confidently moving towards you. Stupid. They're flying to their deaths, you thought, this is why they keep loosing to you they lack the viciousness you need for war. You smirked, knowing you were going to have another easy win.

"FAN OUT! CIRCLE THEM, LEAVE NO ONE ALIVE. WE'LL DRINK IN VICTORY TONIGHT" You yelled.

A chorus of shouts and yells followed you from your cavalry. You were all in high spirits. You kept flying forward ready to meet their charge head on, like you always did. Your cavalry spread out like you said ready to circle them when you hit each other, the formation was perfect as it would curl around the small group of Angels that came for you. They still weren't backing down despite your size.

You were close now as you brought out your two long swords and hiked up your knees so that your feet could find purchase on your saddle rather than your stirrups, your black feathery wings flexed and you felt your eyes flash red in excitement. The angels didn't know what was coming, they were about to be decimated.

You could now see their leader. His coal black hair waved in the wind as his ice blue eyes locked on you, both of you glaring at each other, his pure white wings twitched as he yelled "FORMATION!"

Behind him his own cavalry spread out. They were bigger than you had first observed. Much bigger. He had somehow managed to hide the true size of his cavalry brought to make you over confident and use the wrong technique, having the sun behind him blinded you to their true numbers, and you fell for it. You were too close to turn around and retreat and so had to keep charging forward your earlier confidence dwindling quickly, your cavalry knew it too.