𝟶𝟷. 𝒂𝒌𝒂𝒂𝒔𝒉𝒊 𝒌𝒆𝒊𝒋𝒊 ↠ soft rhythm ↞ (fluff)

Song of the fic: Come Thru by Joji

You lay in bed, clenching onto your lower abdomen as an intense pain consumed your lower half

You lay in bed, clenching onto your lower abdomen as an intense pain consumed your lower half. Suddenly, miraculously, you heard someone enter the apartment that you shared with six other college mates of yours.

"Heyy! Anyone there?" You called out shakily, hoping it was one of the boys. Shuffled footsteps came closer as you greeted Akaashi's lean figure with a weak smile, which looked more like a scrunched face to him. Nonetheless, his usual monotone voice holding a glint of concern asked "What's wrong y/n san?" as he rushed to your bedside. Taking his hand into yours, and holding onto him for strength, you managed to get out between grunts "Worst cramps, angh.. can't move, please get me-" you were cut off as Akaashi immediately understood "y/n san, please give me 5 minutes. Just sit back and try not to move around much" and with that he exited the room.

You were confused cause you didn't even get to ask for what you needed but you heard his hurried feet moving around the apartment. Cluttering of pots, the hissing of tea maker, you heard a whole storm clash into the kitchen of your dormitory. Within a few minutes, Akaashi was back in the room with all the essentials you were going to ask for: a hot cup of lemon tea, a heated pad for your cramps and your strongest craving: dark chocolate. You were stunned by his sweet aid yet a little preoccupied with the new wave of cramps. "There you go y/n san.. no need to worry.." He helped you get up, sit against the bed frame and tucked you in a blanket as you took the tea he just made, lapped on the dark chocolate while massaging yourself with the heating pad. All of these factors eased your initial discomfort, making the pain somewhat bearable.

Once you were done, Akaashi cleaned up and helped you get into bed for a nap. You could use just a little more warmth so you asked "Do you mind putting those at my back". He looked at the pillows sat on the small satin grey sofa across the room, but instead of getting them for you, he proposed: "Umm.. I was wondering if you don't mind letting me help with that.." His eyes trailed off, slight rouge blushing his cheeks. You were confused with his suggestion but weren't opposed to see what he had in mind. So, you shifted under the sheets as Akaashi hoped over you to put an arm around your smaller figure and embraced you from the back. Your back pressed to his muscled yet lean chest as he traced his long, smooth fingers on your lower back, shaky breaths almost hitting the back of your neck, making you melt into his warm presence.

"How did you know?" You inquired in a soft voice, barely above a whisper. "I often helped my mom around when she's having a rough time. So it was no big deal figuring out what you required." You smiled cause of his caring and considerate actions towards others around him. Sure, he was the ultimate nonchalant guy, but actions speak louder than words and his most certainly did. "Thank you, I'm in a much better state now. If it wasn't for you, I'd probably have passed out cause of the pain" you chuckled lightly. "Like I said, no problem y/n san, I just got worried when I saw you like that. But you can thank me all you want once you're done napping." He replied with the same nonchalance tone of his.

With the light sound of rain hitting the window, the dimly lit room illuminated with only the soft evening glow coming through the curtains, the smell of lemon tea, Akaashi's cologne surrounded your body like a shroud of peace as you snuggled into the white cotton sheets. The last thought before you drifted to sleep was your curiosity: wondering if Akaashi felt something shift in his chest because of you, anything at all? Or were you the only fool who encountered a million emotions at once when he was with you?

You woke up after a while. The rain still held a continuous rhythm as it hit the window. You turned around to face the man you adored. His arms still around you as his chest rose and fell with his soft breathing. You looked at him, really looked at how beautiful he was. Yes, you had a crush on him, but his beauty was really above anyone else's you ever saw. Such a kind, intellectual and caring soul in an absolute perfect body, you wondered that he really was the definition and epitome of perfection.

You were lost admiring him when he slowly woke up, and his teal grey orbs landed on your e/c ones. Both of you said nothing for a while, just looking at one another, surrounded by your own thoughts as the comfortable silence welcomed the two of you.

"Woah, I asked you to take a nap, not stare at a work of art?" He finally spoke, a light smirk on his face. "It would have been rude indeed..." you paused as you connected your eyes with his once again and lightly stroked the tip of his nose with your fingertips "...but glad to know that I am admiring a work of art that solely belongs to me, sir. " you said with an ironic formal manner. Akaashi cracked up in a rare chuckle at your comment "Bold of you to assume I belong to anyone at all, let alone you l/n san." Both of you laughing now, followed by another extended silence.

But then You raised your hand to his soft, angelic, luscious, locks of black hair as you patted them down "there was something in your hair... it's gone now though" you lied as you stroked the man's hair. Time seemed to have stopped in this dimension, when your eyes locked onto his, a hint of smile on his pulp lips, your hand tangled in his locks, his hair shuffled out of place. There's nothing more you wanted than to be with him, and at times like this you were so desperate to have him more than just a mere friend, to have him as yours. Self deprecation took over you at times like these because no matter how strongly you felt for him, you were never able to get the exact confession out.

Embarrassed, you muttered an apology and moved your hand away from his hair, thinking if you cannot confess then what kind of right do you have to be this close to a man so close to perfection?

But to your surprise, Akaashi objected. "No don't stop..." Akaashi said hastily as he took your hand into his and placed it back where it was "... it's quite nice when you trace your fingers like that" he added with a reassuring smile. "I thought I was the one in need of pampering, not you 'kaashi" you said lightheartedly as you called him the nickname You gave him. With that one comment of yours, his arms surrounding your torso tightened, as he pulled you closer to him, your face inches away from his. "Don't worry y/n san... I'll take care of you as long as I'm here." Those words struck you with such soft intensity that you couldn't hold it in, your heart crumpled, stomach bombarded with butterflies, as his forehead touched yours.

Breathing synced, rain still rhythmic as ever, bodies intertwined, like a lullaby as both of you closed your eyes, accepting the deep comfort of sleep all over again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hiya everyone! This is my first ever fic so hopefully you enjoyed. Although it's nothing extravagant, I have recently enjoyed writing material of my own so I decided to post it on this God-forsaken app. There might or might not be a sequel to this but I do adORE our haikyuu bois aLOT!! So until school allows me time to write, I'll keep you guys updated on more!

ALSO, It makes me really happy when you guys comment, cause I love reaching out to everyone !

Till then, Peace ✌💕