03. 𝒂𝒌𝒂𝒂𝒔𝒉𝒊 𝒌𝒆𝒊𝒋𝒊​​​ ↠ sanctuary ↞ (fluff)

Song of the fic: Sanctuary by Joji

6:00pm

Go ahead and bark after dark

Fallen star, I'm your one call away

Motel halls, neon walls

When night falls, I am your escape

Silence. Outside the window, the busy, loud, obnoxious world fell under the spell of the winter cold. Everything slows down, it's like the world is taking small breaths as the snow keeps pilling up, covering the once hot and hard ground with soft and cold snow flakes.

Her attention was captured by a small snow flake right in her field of vision. A snow flake. The perfect proportions and measurements, make such an intricate yet delicate little structure. The tiny ice crystals condensed around one speck of particle, result in such complicated branching of ice. The delicate, intricate yet cold nature of the crystals reminded you off no one other than your best friend.

Your best friend to whom belonged the day. December 5th, 2019 read the calendar. It was originally planned to celebrate his birthday with rest of the volleyball team making sure the Fukurodani setter gets his treatment for the year. But the present of flu from mother nature surpassed the cute surprise his friends planned for him. Being the persistent little brat you were, you quickly decided to get going once the night fall approached.

7:00pm

Being a part of Fukurodani's fashion club, you were well-known for a well-balanced chic style altogether. For this special little occasion, you had your outfit planned: a navy blue turtleneck, black cargo pants, white Filas, and a white Chanel jacket. To complete the outfit, you topped the look with a few gold chains and gold rings to compliment your grey matte acrylics. You decided on a winged liner, glossy cherry lips, to compliment your e/s eyes and high cheekbones. And off you went: although you failed to throw a grand party, you swore not to let his sickness get in the way of his smile.

8:00pm:

If you've been waitin' for fallin' in love

Babe, you dont have to wait on me

From: y/n
'Come outside K.'

From: Kaashi🦉
'Uh, its snowing crazy?'

From: y/n
'Dummy I'm not blind, come out right now!'

'Cause I've been aimin' for Heaven above

But an angel ain't what I need

After a while, you saw bed head Akaashi slowly walk over to your car in his grey sweatpants, white t-shirt, and black jacket. 'Damn, why this boy gotta look so good even when he's sick', you thought[cause its akaashi, dUh] . He sat in the passenger seat across from you, and his small sniff greeted you prior to him. "You're either really confident or really stupid to drive in this much snow" he greeted you lovingly. "Ah, now hold your sniffs, you sick boy" you replied. "Must be the later, I assume." He shot back. "Must be really tiring working as the saltiest boy even on his special day, eh?" You asked to which he said "Well, someone got to do the job and knock some sense into people like you." Pretending to be hurt, you dramatically added "Woah, I did not expect to be welcomed so kindly on this cold December night by the birthday boy himself, when I drove half an hour in the snow to check up on him." "That reminds me, what are you here for y/n-san?" he wondered. "Oya?" you mockingly added, making the setter really question your sanity to be out here in the cold for no foolish reason.