16. 𝒐𝒊𝒌𝒂𝒘𝒂 𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒐𝒖 ↠​ surprise visit ↞ (angst)

Song of the fic :

"You could've told me we were having some problems and you know I would've listened," your unshakable voice echoed through the once lively room

"I was going to talk to you but right now won't be the best time to discuss this-" a feeling of relief washed over him when he sensed no sign of anger contouring your soft features.

You looked up at him with cold eyes, calm and collected, "you're right," you continued resisting a persistent sob at the back of your throat, "We don't have to talk about relationship problems anymore when the relationship we once had, doesn't exist anymore."

Oikawa was saying something to you in his sweet, sickening voice but your ears blocked out anything he spoke. It was futile really, whatever he was rambling about had lost its significance a while ago. He should have lost his importance to you the moment you witnessed the red flags, but your love (or obsession) had your sight blinded to his true colours.

Your stoic eyes scanned the room and dreadingly landed on a familiar cool green hue, Seijoh's hoodie and brown spiked hair. No way in hell were you mistaken about who stood in the corner, quickly glancing on the ground once his charcoal eyes met yours.

"Woah, it's your birthday but I'm the one getting all the surprises," a plastered smile forcefully spread across your face as a hoarse voice pretending to be yours, echoed the once loud room.

Even against the odds, despite what everyone said about Oikawa: his affairs and an endless trail of countless broken hearts, you were standing in front of him as his girlfriend, on his 20th Birthday.

His special day.

At this point, yours too.

All thanks to how his arms were secured around another woman when you first entered the room, how his curved lips lightly latched on her smooth skin, just like they used to kiss yours.

This was ridiculous.

A ridiculous example of your plain foolishness and naïveté.

But you had to. There was no other way to believe what others said, than to see everything for yourself. For more than 6 months, you were all starry eyed and optimistic to the point where you had an intentional blind eye to your boyfriend's actions.

But there was one thing, you couldn't fathom even in your worst nightmares.

Everyone who you trusted was already present in the room where you caught your boyfriend with someone else, and your best friend, was just the beginning of it all.

"You cannot say anything Oikawa, you don't have the right to," your voice shaky now which you despised to the depths of your existence.

You wanted to scream and yell and tell him to get lost for still trying to persuade you, that whatever you saw was nothing more than a misunderstanding. That your own eyes deceived you. "How would I ever trust you when I can smell her on you," was what came out your mouth.

"I was in your room last night," even though he had the decency not to, the thought of him laying down with another girl on the same bed as the one he made love to you on, where he held you close and whispered sweet nothings, was too much for you to bear.

Was it even possible for him to do that?

Was his guilt or remorse not even the slightest inconvenience for him?

Was your presence practically nothing in his eyes?

Tears stung at the corners of your e/c eyes, despite all your efforts to control them.

You've had enough.

This was enough.

You had nothing to say to anyone else who stood dumbfounded in this room, they need no closure or even words of anger from you. You felt humiliated for putting your trust in them, with your final words, you excused yourself.

"Oikawa, a quick word of advice: next time you sleep with someone else, don't forget to change the sheets on which you fucked your girlfriend on." Your shaky voice was replaced with completely unrecognised unwavering tone.

"Sorry for the best surprise visit, you guys may continue as pleased."

In the taxi ride back to your shared apartment with Oikawa, only two sights painted your vision. One, of Oikawa's proud adulterous actions in front of you. More so, the lack of remorse of it. Second, how Iwaizumi Hajime, your childhood best friend was more than clear on who's side he parted with when his ebony hues locked on yours tonight, for the one last time.

———————————————————————

I need to write an Oikawa fluff or smut soon or else, I'd be cancelled 😔🤕.