06. 𝒊𝒔𝒔𝒆𝒊 𝒎𝒂𝒕𝒔𝒖𝒌𝒂𝒘𝒂 ↠​ photo booth ↞ (fluff)

Song of the fic: Lil Mama by Mike Weasley

As a volunteer at the volleyball training camp, you ran from one part of the complex to the other, doing one chore after the next

As a volunteer at the volleyball training camp, you ran from one part of the complex to the other, doing one chore after the next. The only thing, or person, that caught your attention was the 6 foot tall Seijoh middle blocker with a stoic expression on his muscular face.

His ebony eyes met your e/c ones, his teammates bursted in a loud cheer, leaving you confused as you witnessed a small blush across the blocker's face. He said something and his peer erupted in another fist of laughter, never taking his gaze off of you. As you made your way past his team to meet coach Nekomata, you felt heavy on your feat, heart skipping a beat, as you also found yourself staring at the handsome male.

For most of the upcoming week, nothing eventful happened yet your emotions kept you distracted as your interactions with him increased. Your mind displayed images of you with the tall Seijoh player over and over, the more you spent time together. Finally, due to your persistent attraction towards him, and peer pressure, you decided to ask him out on a date.

Not having any high hopes for the confession, you found yourself pleasantly surprised. "The arcade would be pretty good for our first time," the rather flustered Matsukawa replied. It took you a minute at the least to understand what his statement meant and you felt embarrassed.

Iwaizumi and Hananaki didn't even bat an eye when they saw the two of you holding hands, "Saw it coming all along," said Iwaizumi as Hanamaki added, "Thank the Lord, there won't be any unmentioned sexual tension at our games anymore."

Boy was he wrong about that.

As you dressed yourself in a red hoodie and washed out mom jeans, Matsukawa greeted you in a black leather jacket and black skinny jeans. Your first date with him at the arcade on a cool January evening.

"Woah, you're like the definition of tumblr edgy e-boy right now," you remarked as he paid for the tokens. "Well, you could be my soft e-girl then," he softly said as he placed a peck on your temple, making your pink rouged cheeks a shade darker. 'God he was so cute!' was all you could think about when he pointed to a stuffed white polar bear.

"2000 tickets, you think we can do that?" he asked, taking your smaller hand into his larger one as you two roamed around for a game to play.

"2000? I'll make sure it's no less than 3000!" You enthusiastically pumped your fist into air. His eyes softened and lips formed a pout, "Eh? I bet it's cause you love me, 3000," leaving you two a chuckling mess.

"Nope, more like I wanna get those matching keychains so you'd remember what amazing girlfriend I am, for years to come," he looked at a pair of matching alien keychains and got major PTSD thinking about his setter's obsession with extraterrestrials.

The sheen in your eyes, your pure excitement were too much for him to ruin, "Well, isn't that cute. Of course you'll be the best girlfriend and I'll think about it every time," he put a loose strand of hair behind your ear, "but I'll be a better boyfriend once I get that bear for you."

About an hour, or two, or three, you didn't know how long was it that you two spent together, time felt so fluid and easy with him around.

You always wanted to take silly photo booth pictures on one of your first dates, but you've been afraid of stiff conversations. Yet with Matsukawa as your boyfriend, it was like rain pouring down the sky, or water flowing downstream; it came naturally.

So, you pulled him in one of the smaller photo booths as you two kept giggling childishly, crammed in a small space. After accessorising yourselves with pom poms, and fancy glasses, you hesitated for a second as you two posed.

"That 'kay baby?" concern evident in your tone as you grazed your slender fingers against his soft hair. A smile crept on his lips, Matsukawa had to face you, "y'know you don't actually have to ask me every single time you touch me, right?" his big arms caging around your small waist. "Yeah, but consent is necessary," you explained yet his little smile never faltered at your considerate nature, "Aight, whatever you say."

As the camera showed the countdown of 10 seconds, you fixed the crazy googles set on your face. Matsukawa was practically laughing the entire time after your last comment.

"Issei Matsukawa, you might be sexy but consent is sexier."

————-–———————————————————---------------------------------------------------

Bucket list: go on a date with a cute boy and take silly polaroid pictures at the booth for memories.

Matsukawa is just so cute and babey like get your fine ass here and lemme love the absolute shit outta you, you lovable piece of crap 😠💕

No but he's fine as fuck! Cause my IRL men type and anime type are soooo different. Like I'm drawn to quieter and I'm-too-cool-to-care kinda guys in anime(considering Levi, Akaashi etc) but IRL I like my men wholesome and easygoing like Matsukawa! So y'all better stan him cause he deserves the love 🥺

Love,
H. ❤️✌🏽