20. 𝒌𝒖𝒓𝒐𝒐 𝒕𝒆𝒕𝒔𝒖𝒓𝒐𝒖 ↠ chibi-chan ↞ (fluff)

[If you heard that in Yagami Yato's voice, I'll be seeing you in hell 😹]

Song of the fic: get you by Daniel Caeser ft. Kali Uchis

The tickling warmth of the bright morning woke Kuroo up from the sluggish grasp of sleep. Nothing felt out the ordinary, yet when he noticed, his nostrils welcomed the eerie familiar scent of lavender shampoo.

It felt like a fever dream, the scent that filled his chest with fluttering tingles and tamed his wild senses with ease. Yet, it was far from any sweet dream all thanks to the light friction leading to a yearning between his aching legs.

It took a few moments for his sleep deprived mind before he realised his right arm was asleep and oh- on a more important note- Y/N lay atop it.

L/N Y/N, the second year Nekoma volleyball team manager had your arm wrapped around Kuroo's small waist, face nuzzled against his firm chest, and a leg rested against his length completely shook him awake from his slumber state.

Despite sometimes contemptuous words, he couldn't help but coo over your comparably smaller frame which he hated to admit, was annoyingly cute.

Then again, what's a tiger without a little smart mouth.

Kuroo chuckled to himself as he stirred under you on the mattress, running his free hand through your messy locks. He contemplated putting some physical distance between the two of you, the concern although was instantly gone when you hummed in your sleep and rubbed your nose deep in his collarbone.

His breath hitched, his adam's apple bobbed up and down when he gulped, the fluttering sensation in his chest and pelvis were of no help either. He buried his sharp nose in your hair, your scent once again overstimulated- numbed his senses to a point where all he could see was your sarcastic smirk painted against his eyelids.

The occasional laugh or smile of yours, the quick snarky remarks you two shared after a match, and many more tender moments only he seemed to take a notice of. He wanted to block off this persistent habit, the itch to have more of those tender moments only grew wilder and demanding as time ticked by.

After all, who were you to tame his wild heart like that?

It wasn't the noteworthy speeches you gave to the team, or how calm and smart you were no matter the circumstances, or how appealing you looked in whatever you wore. It was those things too- but not entirely.

It was the way miniature wrinkles that formed between your brows when you worked on a challenging problem, the way your face lit up like a thousand fiery stars when you achieved something you worked so diligently for, the way your eyes shone when you beat a hard level in one of your silly video games-

God, he was rambling in his mind again, going on about you like he has done over the past few weeks. How surreptitiously his mind drifted off to countless scenarios and moments he dreamt to be in with you.

But it was all just an infatuation right?

Nothing more. Nothing less.

"Chibi chan..." his voice rumbled in his chest, his warm lips dangerously close to your ear-shell, planted stars against your skin, their vibrancy significant enough until your eyes popped open. The hand from your hair now rubbed small circles against your tender flesh of the cheek, greeting you good morning.

You slowly rose your head to meet his eyes shut tight, his long lashes casted a shadow against his cheeks, brows frowning. "Well, good morning to you too Kuroo-san," your small voice shook Kuroo awake from whatever La La land his mind was in.

"AH! At least give a sign before waking up! I thought a ghost talked!" He was caught off guard making his voice a little louder than usual.

"You're lucky I didn't straight up kung fu kick you in the stomach the way you push yourself against me when I'm asleep," noting the entangled limbs not only Kuroo's but yours made you question a lot of things.

"Oya? I think your arm around me, your leg assaulting me in my sleep and you laying on top of me went kind of unnoticed," he shot back in defence.

"It's clear that you moved towards me in your sleep just so you could fulfil a sick fantasy or whatever," you winced at how hard he was against your knee and immediately moved your leg away.

He shot his eyes up in amusement, licking his lips a little, "I could say the same for you, but you're a blushing mess just as we are, you definitely won't stand to hear what my fantasies hold..."

You refused to show your face to his shit eating grin, your hair covered most of it but the rest of your body was tangled against his heated one, surely made you kiss your teeth. "You're such a pervert, and not in the attractive way. Please seek serious help," you said, praying he wouldn't tease you so early in the morning but you knew the Kuroo Tetsurou before you was all but that.

"Advising your sensei now? They do grow up so fast," he purred at you as he turned your face towards his with his thumb and forefinger. "Look at me when I'm speaking to you, Chibi chan. Remember you are all but a little kitten in front of me. Make sure the big tiger doesn't bite."

Now it was your turn to smirk, the bewilderment evident on your face made Kuroo anticipate, "Never thought someone would put a tiger to shame, yet here we are. If you do take my advice, make sure you ask Yaku-san and Nobuyuki-san how to respectfully treat your underclassmen," you smiled at him with half shut eyes, giving him a taste of his own bitter medicine.

Kuroo smiled so hard you thought his teeth might fall off. You finally let loose of his weight and shifted onto your side, your chest pressed so close to his arm that your nipple ached upon the loss of contact, it was impossible to tell where he started and you ended.

That's when you made eye contact with him again, his calloused hand rested on your lower back and his grin returned, "Y'know you're way softer than you look."

You stretched hard while the rest of Nekoma still slept. Your fiery eyes caught Kuroo in their trap, you jumped close enough to pin his hands over his head, lowered your face until it was inches away from his, "Kuroo-san, make sure to keep your guard up at all times. I am feline after all, don't you dare agitate me, I might just pound on you."

Your grip on his wrists tightened, just when you thought his teases would stop for the day a small tint painted his pale cheeks, "Hm? Maybe I do want you to pound on me or better against me? Who knows?"

He eased himself out of your hold but the red marks left by your grip were satisfactory enough. Instead, he took your hands in control and pulled you down until his lips were ghosting across your cheek and his breath fanned your vision blurry, "But one thing's for sure, Y/N kun, you better do it while you still can, cause only I know what follows when I do it first."

He kissed the top of your brow before letting go. "Why? Are the upperclassmen not enough to pound on that you want more meek prey?" You questioned him in utter amusement, you understood now why he got under the skin of so many poor people.

"The more the better Y/N chan. That's the chain of command."

You laughed at his remark and threw a pillow at him, "Or most of your prey runs away cause of your stinky breath? Kuroo-stinky-Tetsurou."

Now he sat up straight, ready to launch an attack of pillows at you-

"CAN YOU GUYS SHUT THE HELL UP. THERE'S STILL AN HOUR BEFORE PRACTICE!" Yaku yelled at you two from across the room, making you two initially yelp and then lay down again in a fury of muffled laughter.

________________________________

Manifesting Kuroo Tetsurou sits right with me ❤️.