09. 𝒃𝒐𝒌𝒖𝒕𝒐 𝒌𝒐𝒖𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒐𝒖 ↠​ alcohol ↞ (fluff)

Song of the fic:

Note: the reader and character are over the legal age drinking age

Friday night.

What other mediocre way to spend it than go out for drinks with your colleagues.

You expected it to be a usual one where all of your friends get highly drunk that they're unable to talk or walk straight. Having low alcohol tolerance at least gave you that much of an advantage that you get to be everyone's designated drunk driver.

After work, all of your colleagues and you decided to hit it off and go all out. Not having time to dress up, you barely touched up your makeup. In a cream cotton buttoned up shirt, grey trouser pants, and beige wool coat, you let your hair loose down. You didn't consider yourself to be the prettiest, but you definitely were up for competition.

All of your confidence went downhill until he decided to show up for Friday drinks.

Bokuto Katouro.

Despite his carefree persona and simple mindedness, women absolutely adored him. And despite your futile attempts at hiding your feelings, everyone still knew he was the one who you were also secretly infatuated with.

At around midnight, a couple hundred shots, a lot of embarrassment and stumbling around, it was finally time for your friends to be completely wasted. It took you half an hour to drop every one off and you were done for the night when you realised Bokuto was still silently dozing off in the back of your car.

At his place, you struggled to get him to his apartment thanks to his tall height and built up body. You tried putting him to bed, and when he finally settled down, you decided it was finally your turn to sleep under a warm blanket.

But Bokuto had other plans.

Soft groans and heaved breaths filled the room once again, as he called out to you. "Y/n... please stay," he pulled you a little closer by your shirt. Kneeling on the floor with your back to him, you noticed his sultry tone in which he pleaded you to stay, but then it might have been alcohol rather than his imaginative crush on you.

What are the odds of you being the crush of your crush, right?

You settled on alcohol.

His warmth and cologne engulfed you once he scooted closer in his dimly lit bedroom, fingers still pulling your shirt. You could practically taste the booze off his mouth when he leaned in to whisper, "I want you to be here."

Looking at him, you knew there was no way he would listen to your commands and get in bed to sleep, so you decided to take a step further. You let yourself loose of his grip, walked to the other side of the bed, and laid under his warm sheets, welcoming him in. Once his eyes adjusted to your form, he followed you through, his messy smile widened and eyes shone with excitement. But then again, it might have been alcohol.