13. 𝒕𝒔𝒖𝒌𝒊𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒎𝒂 𝒂𝒌𝒊𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒖 ↠​ Figments ↞ (fluff)

Song of the fic : Better by Khalid

Requested by @Clairday_ <3 hope you enjoy!

White.

Pink.

Peach.

Be it Of any colour.

Of any age.

Of any descent.

Peonies never failed to bring a warm smile to y/n's face.

Be it a cloudy sky.

A rainy day.

A thunderstorm.

They never failed to cheer her amidst chaos.

On another grey day of a stressful finals week, Y/n wished she could be anywhere with her crush rather than being stuck in the local library. She tried focusing her attention on the piles of biology work sat in front of her; cellular respiration, photosynthesis, genetics. Yet, the only thing atop her consciousness was the desire to loose all her senses to Tsukishima Akiteru.

Akiteru.

Just like a bundle of peonies never failed to surprise her ever growing feelings. He never failed to catch her off guard either.

One moment, she would be fully fleshed focused on her current tasks. The other moment, her mind presented all sorts of flirtatious (more like scandalous) fantasies before her mind.

Even now, when she sat in the secluded room, blood rushed to her cheeks faster than her own metabolism rate. She sunk low in her seat, her notes drooped in her cotton clothed lap, eyes drifted off to a land far beyond this dimly lit room.

Chilly spring breeze swift past him, newly bloomed leaves danced along in the rhythm, tickled against his skin. It's now or never, he reminded himself, trying to remain steady on his feet. He didn't feel nervous, anxious or doubtful of himself, all thanks to y/n waiting for him on the other corner of the park.

Although, when he lifted his feet, his heart sank a little lower in the pits of his empty stomach. Why did he feel such intensity of uncertainty all of a sudden?

He was nicely dressed; just how she liked. He smelt nice; in the Dior cologne she gifted him. He even allowed himself to try a new haircut she suggested. He knew he looked the best today but the one thing that made him the most comfortable with his upcoming decision, was the light pink bouquet of freshly picked peonies in his musceled arms.

With a final deep breath, he took the first step forward, only to be halted by a small hand clutching his shirt from the back.

He turned around to see no other than y/n stand before him, in a light pink blazer and white pants, small glasses sat on her face making her nothing less than absolutely beautiful. He gulped down hard, heart skipping a beat.

"Akiteru-san, I've been waiting for you. Let's get comfortable." Y/n flashed her cute smile at him, and Akiteru almost witnessed his heart go into cardiac arrest, but he forced himself to keep his composure.

They sat side by side under the soft shade of a cherry blossom tree, their forms almost touching, but never close enough to.

"I've been willing to talk to you for a while now Y/n, I was wondering if you'd be kind enough to listen?" Tsukishima felt confident once he started speaking. His statement was followed by a lively laugh, the one you could only imagine to be acted out by actors in a surreal movie, because it was nothing but perfection.

"Akiteru-san I don't understand why you're being so formal with me?"

He was awestruck as he listened to her talk and laugh, pure of contentment and peace, the one he cherished more than any other treasure ever known to him.

Safe haven.

Sanctuary.

You name it, but words were not even close to as he felt for her. And in this moment, he knew if he didn't own up to his feelings, he'd lose her forever.

Despite his futile efforts to hide the bouquet of flowers, y/n's sharp eyes immediately fell on them, making her raise her eyebrows with interest but before she could question him, Akiteru crashed his honey sickeled lips against hers, catching her off guard.

Y/n didn't push him away, or curse at him, instead she melted further into the embrace, their hands finally entangling in warm delight.

Small fireworks of confidence, satisfaction and embarrassment rose on Akiteru's skin, sending his senses into overdrive but his movements remained as smooth as silk. Once they were done reckoning the possibility of such encounter, the same bouquet reappeared in Akiteru's hands. The evident blush deepened on y/n cheeks as she glanced from the flowers to his face, small huffs and puffs of excitement painting the spring breeze a bright pink.

"I can't help but think of you, so do you mind being the receiver of such a gift every time I come across these?" Akiteru said with a shy smile.

But suddenly y/n's vision went blurry.

Until it dissolved to nothing but darkness. 

Y/n was jolted awake by the angry librarian who was complaining about her stay being past the closing time, yet she didn't hear a word of what was being yelled at her.

All she could replay in her mind was the welcoming touch of Tsukishima Akiteru when his soft lips moved against her desperate ones. She rubbed her eyes in disbelief and her heart felt a little heavier that all she saw right now was a figment of her own dirty mind tricks.

She made her way to the nearby coffee shop as she still had some readings to finish before tomorrow's big day, but the boy dressed in her favourite overalls was already making his way to her, a bundle of small pink flowers in his hands.

His cheerful voice blessed her ears as he said, "Y/n! I've been willing to talk to you for a while now, I was wondering if you'd be kind enough to listen?"

This seemed even better than the figment of her own imagination.

------------------------------------------------------