Introduction.

"Throw me to the wolves andI'll come back leading the pack"-----

I'll come back leading the pack"
-----

She had always been ambitious.
The woman was a lawyer, and a very good one at that.
She had always been made to succeed.

Always stayed at the top of her class in school, passed law school like it was nothing, had the perfect relationship with her father.
In the eyes of the public, Hope was the definition of perfection.

She of course knew she wasn't perfect. Although she made good grades in school, and had a good relationship with her father, it seemed people were more caught up with what she was, and never took time to know her for who she was.

Hope got married to Liam Kade Smith when she was eighteen.
He had been the star football player, she was the star volleyball player.
High school sweethearts.
A match made in heaven in the eyes of  many.

In her eyes she had been a stupid teenage girl who thought she had met her prince charming.

What a fool.

As a married couple, they would fight constantly, they never agreed on anything, whether it be the color of the dining room walls or what was for dinner that night.
They were no where near perfect and they had known that.
Liam was a good man, just not a very good husband.
He was gone all the time, whether it be on business trips or outings with the guys. However, there was always something in the back of Hope's mind nagging at her telling her that he was with another woman. She chose to ignore her intuition, she had no proof.

She grew tired of the  lonliness, the worry, the fights, and was about to file for divorce in the beginning of May 2002, only to learn that she was pregnant and decided to give him another chance.

Ryder Dawson Smith was Born on Febuary 12th, 2003.
He was the first child of Hope and Liam.

Hope was in law school at the time, she was only twenty one.
Of course the couple hadn't been  trying for a baby, they weren't  ready.

But when Hope held her baby boy for the first time she realized that she could never and would never love anything more. He instantly became the light of her life, her reason to live.

She returned to law school when he was six months old, her father watched Ryder while she was gone.

Liam had also been over the moon about his son. At first atleast.

By the time Ryder was two years old Liam was back to his old ways.
Always gone on "Business trips".
He rarely called while he was gone.
Usually Hope had to be the first to call.