VII. Found

CHAPTER SEVEN,
Found.

CHAPTER SEVEN,Found

It Had been a few hours since Hope and Ricks talk at the barn. Hope had felt as if a weight had been lifted off of her shoulders after she had thanked the man. She promised herself that she would watch Carl like he was her own, it was the least she could do considering Rick had kept Ryder and Skylin safe. Not only that but Carl and Hope had built a relationship in her few days there. He was usually always with Ryder and sometimes Skylin so she would talk to the boy often. She did have pity because of the fact his own mother showed more interest in the ass-hat know as Shane than her own son.

Hope was currently sitting in the kitchen cutting up an apple for Skylin. There was nothing for her to do around the farm at the moment so she wanted to sit and have a snack with her daughter. Ryder was outside playing with Carl. She was glad he was able to make a friend in a world as cruel as this one. Skylin was upset, she had been friends with Sophia and now they didn't know where she was or if she was ok. Hope made sure that Skylin was ok and would play with her whenever she asked.

Hope sat the plate of apples in front of Skylin and took the seat in front of her.

The young girl pushed her coloring book to the side and placed the plate off apples where the book used to lay.

She then looked up at her mother before speaking.

"Mommy?"

"What's up hun?" She looked into her daughter's eyes.

Skylin took a deep breath before responding. "Do you think we are gonna find her mom? Sophia I mean. She was really nice to me and she would help me with reading. I'm sad she's gone."

"I don't know hunny, I hope so. You have no idea how much I pray that little girl comes home safe. But I can't give you a certain answer. I can tell you that everyone is trying really hard to bring her home. But don't give up hope baby." Hope smiled slightly at her daughter, oh how she wished she could wipe that sad look off her face.

"Ok mommy" Skylin jumped up and ran around to the table to the side her mother was on and pulled her into a hug.

Hope hugged her back and rubbed her back in a reasureing manner. Just as she was about to tell her to go eat a commotion from the porch caught her attention.

She pulled away from her daughter before speaking. "Hun go eat your apple while I see what's going on"

The small girl nodded and ran back to her seat just as Hope started to make her way towards the screen door. Stepping out onto the porch she heard the reason for all of the noise.

Shane stomped towards the porch with a black bag slung over his shoulder filled with, what Hope could only assume to be guns.

"Look, It was one thing standing around picking daises when we thought this place was supposed to be safe, but now we know it ain't." He paced around angrily.