V. I'll Always Be With You.

CHAPTER FIVE,
I'll Always Be With You.

CHAPTER FIVE,I'll Always Be With You

Hope Layed back in the middle of her two children as they watched the clouds pass by. Before, when the world was still running normally, Hope, Skylin, and Ryder used to lay in their back yard doing exactly what they were doing in this moment. They would talk about anything and everything, from their day at school to  the possibility of aliens being real.

Hope cherished these moments with her kids, they had had some of their best memories right in their backyard. She had a feeling that they would always do this, even if there was dead people walking around.

Ryder broke the silence with a sigh.

Hope turned her head to look at him and frowned as she saw the sad look on his face.

"What's wrong Bubs?"

He turned his head to look at his mother before speaking

"I was so scared while you were gone momma, Lia- I mean dad was here but he isn't you. He said we would probaly never see you again, Sissy didn't talk for a while after that, well she talked to me, and Rick to. But no one else. Dad didn't pay much attention to us, Mr. Rick kept us safe from the monsters. Back at the camp I had walked off into the woods and one of those things almost got me but Rick saved me and then yelled at dad for not watching me. But it's ok now that your home. Now I have you AND Rick to keep me safe. Dad is a nice guy and all, but he is more interested in Andrea than me and Sky."

Hope paused for a second, she was not expecting that. Anger soon washed over her, she couldn't believe Liam would pick a girl over their children. If something would have happened to Ryder she would have killed Liam for not watching him. For now she was going to brush off the anger, she needed this time with her kids. She would deal with Liam later. After she thanked Rick of course. The man has earned her full respect after what Ryder told her. She was extremely thankful that he was there, that he protected her kids when he barely knew them, that he kept them safe.

Just as Hope was going to reply Skylins small, fragile voice spoke up.

"Yea, we are soooo happy your back mommy, I've missed you this much" She sat up and help open her little arms as much as possible, Hope smiled at this. "And Rick is my new best friend, he is really nice and always asks if I'm ok, OH and Carl to, he's Ricks son. They are both my new best friends. Carl acts like Ry. But don't worry mommy, you are my number one best friend." Skylin smiled down at her mother as she said this, having no clue how much those words warmed her mother's heart.

Hope was so happy that Ryder and Skylin had people now, a family. They didn't have anyone but their mother before. She sat up and turned around so she was faceing them, she sat crisscross applesauce just like they were before speaking up.

"I want you to guys to listen to me, and listen good ok?" She raised a brow, glancing back and fourth between both kids.

"Yes momma"

"Ok mommy"

Hope smiled before she continued.

"There is never gonna be a day where I'm not gonna be with you, even after I die, I'm still gonna be in those big, beautiful hearts of yours. When I got hope and found out you wearnt there I panicked. I was thinking the worst. But then I noticed all of you stuff was gone, so I knew you got out. I looked and looked and I couldn't find you. But I didn't give up. That's the thing guys, I don't want you to ever give up. Ever. I didn't give up looking for you and I found you didn't I? I don't want you to ever stop fighting, the world isn't like it once was. Now you have to stay strong and fight. No matter what. One day I'm not gonna be here to protect you, you will have to protect eachother and any family you may find along the way. You gotta stay strong and fight. Fight for me, Fight for eachother, Fight for this group. I know your young, and I'm not telling you to go put yourself in danger or to go teach yourself how to shoot a gun. What I'm saying is that I want you to always protect eachother. And about your Dad, I understand that you guys arnt a big fan of him. And I'm not gonna make you spend time with him if you don't want to. But at least give him a chance to have some kind of relationship with you, if you don't you will regret it. And last but not least, I love you" Hope took a breath as she finished.

"Ok momma, I love you too" Ryder smiled.

"I LOVE YOU MOMMY" Skylin all but screamed.

Just as Ryder was gonna open his mouth to talk there was a yell, it came from where the group was standing.

"Ryder, buddy Carl want's to see you" It was Rick.

"COMMING" then the boy was on his feet and racing towards the house. Hope was glad he had found a friend.

"Hey mommy what's that on your neck" Skylin broke Hopes stare from her son.

Hope glanced down at the locket that hanging off her neck and smiled a bit.

Reaching up she unhooked the locket from her neck and held it in her palm.

She looked into Skylins eyes before speaking.

"This my love is a locket. It's a necklace my dad gave me when I was around your age. He told me If I had it that it would always lead me in the right direction and keep me safe. I've wanted to wait until you got a bit older to give it to you, but I think you are ready."

Skylin smiled a big adorable smile as  her mom leaned over and hooked the locket around her neck.

"Look, it opens. Inside is a picture from the day you were born."

Both girls stared down at the picture with smiles on their faces. Sure enough, on the picture layed Hope on a hospital bed holding a small baby wrapped in a pink blanket with a huge smile lighting up her face. Leaning over her shoulder was a smiling Ryder, eyes filled with confusion and excitement.

Hope closed the locket before dropping it onto Skylins chest.

"You keep that safe for me ok?" She smiled.

"Yes mommy" Skylin smiled back.

And just like that the two girls felt like they were complete again. They could all be happy together as a family again.

Though, in Skylins heart there were two extra members added to what used to be a family of three, but is now a family of five.

A/N
Hoped you guys liked it.
Please vote and comment.